Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Getting to Hawaii

Kesslyn and I are off to Hawaii!!!
After Clint dropped us off at the airport, we boarded the plane and began our 12 hour journey to get to Kierra's house!
Kesslyn was such a trooper and the BEST travel buddy! She watched 4 movies total on 2 different airplanes, and helped me pay close attention to the gates, the announcements, and just making sure that we were where we were supposed to be WHEN we were supposed to be there!
Thanks Kesslyn!
Even though we packed a lunch, my queasy travel tummy needed a little more substance for the travel and so Kesslyn and I shared a cheese pizza at the airport in Seattle, and Kesslyn spotted some macarons so we HAD to get those too. ;)
Kesslyn really was the trooper! She snapped this picture of me feeling exhausted, and I really was!
It was such a long day, but definitely worth it to get to our sweet family in Hawaii!! 
We finally made it to Kierra's house, and it kind of felt surreal being there with her and seeing her in person after it had been so long! :)
With the 4 hour time difference, my body woke up at 3:00 am, and so I went outside to read my scriptures and watch the sun come up. It will be a fun couple of weeks for Kesslyn and I, and I'm so grateful that we get to be here together. I miss Clint and the other kids, but am grateful for the opportunity to spend this quality time with the others that we miss and love... Thank you Clint! You are the BEST husband and Dad. We are so lucky to have you...I love you!!!
See you in two weeks!


No comments: