Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, January 1, 2018

Christmas Eve 2017

 Christmas Eve fell on a Sunday this year which was such a treat for me...it took me back to a humble quiet night thousands of years ago to that sacred moment when the Christ child was born. Although I was not there on the night He was born, I like to think that the reverence of a Christmas Eve Sabbath day and the spirit that was felt deep in my heart reflected the same kind of reverence I may have felt in my heart if I could have had the opportunity to kneel at His side there in the stable...I know it's a far thought...but it's really where my heart went during that sacred Sabbath Christmas Eve service in our humble little church surrounded by my loved ones and friends...It was a beautiful meeting full of the Spirit, worshipful music, and a tangible blanket of LOVE. It was the PERFECT way to welcome Christmas...at least for me. :)
 After church was over we stayed dressed in our Sunday best and drove to Bountiful to Tiffany and Colby's house for a formal Christmas Eve dinner! Ham potatoes, salads, rolls...all of the fixin's and all of the family...at least the ones that could come. :)
 My mom, Kierra and Riley, and Maicen back from college in Wisconsin were the ones that were the most fun to have since they all live far away and we don't get to see them as often...but of course everyone that was there brought a smile to my face! FAMILY is the BEST Gift of all!!!
It was a Happy Christmas Eve!!!
P.S. I have NEVER seen my children hurry off to bed so quick in my life either!!! The minute we got home they were all in a hurry to get there...it was FUN!!! ;)

No comments: