Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happy Birthday Dad!

On January 18th 1942, my dad was born to Rada and Thomas Panter in Soda Springs Idaho.
He grew up playing outside with his brothers Tony and Jim and sisters Linda and Julieanne,
 and exploring the great outdoors like little boys should do. :)
 He grew up loving sports and hunting and was a loving husband to my mother, and loving father to me and my 5 sisters and 3 brothers.
 I remember growing up with him being very strict (especially when it came to boys! :), but then gaining a deepened love and appreciation for this giant teddy bear of a man who found so much happiness in his family, his grandchildren, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and just like when he was a little boy..the beauties of the great outdoors. :) In these pictures I have here, I remember the day vividly. He and my mom were visiting and staying with my family at my house. My bother Craig and him had made plans to go out early to go fishing that day. As you can see on the photo, it was 6:35 a.m. when he was already up and anxiously awaiting my brother's arrival so they could go! He always enjoyed preparing delicious food for us and I will ALWAYS relate my fond memories of my dad to that loving service he provided always in making us treats, sharing his best recipes, and "treating" us to the things that he loved!
Huckleberry ANYTHING was one of his favorites and so on this morning that he was to go fishing with Craig, he was not only making one of HIS favorites, but he was making one of his best recipes to serve and to share with his family. This always brought him great joy to do and I will always love making my family breakfast and treats just like he did, as a small symbol of the love that we have for them and the love that we want to share.
While Kierra and Riley were here for Christmas, we had given them the gift of a snowmobile ride. Well, lucky for me, at the lodge where we went to check in for our ride, they had a shelf there with Huckleberry pancake mix for sale! Now I KNOW it won't be anywhere near the taste of the fresh yumminess that my dad always made, but at the sight of this treasure I had to quickly buy some for each of us to take home! And so tonight, on what would have been my dad's 76th birthday, we will be having huckleberry pancakes for dinner! :) 
Happy Birthday sweet Daddy! I love and miss you so much! But, as much as I miss you, I have gratitude in my heart for the silent unseen service that you are now providing for our family. I KNOW that you are among us, and I KNOW that your influence for good on our family is ever growing, I KNOW that you are a guardian angel sent to watch over, comfort, guide, and direct our family...
I loved the other day when I was taking the little sisters on a date and I bought each of us a treat at the Sweet Tooth Fairy, when I bought myself a chewie gingersnap cookie. I did it 100% because it reminded me of my dad. :) My conversation led to me testifying to my girls that I knew that their Grandpa Panter was one of our angels and watching over us. My heart about melted when Kambriella shared with me that she tells him goodnight every night. She feels him there, and I do to. Angels ARE among us, and I'm so grateful to have my dad as one of them.
I love you Dad!
Happy Birthday!
XOXOXOXO

No comments: