Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Russell M. Nelson, a True Prophet of God


Yesterday was one of the best days EVER. And I mean it!
I have a lot of best days, but yesterday really was one of the BEST. :)
With so much of the spirit in everything that we have been doing to prepare for Easter and General Conference, I feel like our minds and hearts were sensitive and receptive to the truths that were unfolding.

As we sat together in our home in front of the T.V. and listened to and watched the new prophet, 1st presidency, and quorum of the 12 apostles take their places, it was as if we could see heaven and earth working together and aligning Heavenly Father's loving will for all of His children. I felt the spirit again and again each time a new group of people were asked to stand and raise their arm in sustaining these new church leaders, and especially our sweet new prophet Russell Marion Nelson. 

I watched his countenance and demeanor and his body language as he humbly sat there and took on the mantle that he has long been prepared to do. He looked to me like a sweet and innocent little grandpa filled with so much love and a devotion to the Savior that was written in his eyes. I could FEEL his humility and see his love.
When I was asked to stand as a member of the relief society and sustain him personally, I felt the tears well up in my eyes. But this happened to me with EVERY different group that was asked to stand. I felt it as they asked our leaders to stand, and the holders of the Melchizedek and then Aaronic priesthoods, then the young women of the church and finally ALL of the membership of the church...I saw each of my children (including Kierra and Carew in my mind) sustaining and supporting a new prophet of God, and doing it not only willingly, but with a loving sense of pride and satisfaction. 
With today being Easter, I cannot help but feel that as sure as Jesus Christ took on the sins of the world, and with each stripe across His back, each drop of blood that he shed, each ounce of pain and agony that He bore, I felt the same powerful conviction of truth and certainty that Russel M. Nelson IS a living prophet of God.
I know it.
I feel it so powerfully as the spirit testifies again and again of this to me.
What a true privilege it is to have a burning testimony, to be a member of Jesus Christ's true church, to walk in the knowledge of truth and light, and to be living in such amazing modern day circumstances. We are truly a blessed people to live here in Zion, to be surrounded by temples, to have the scriptures and words of living prophets, apostles, and church leaders right at our finger tips ALL day EVERY day!
I have gratitude beyond measure for these priceless and precious gifts. 
I pray that I will daily use them, treasure them, and live by them, and REMEMBER these sacred and precious feelings in my heart. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: