Yesterday for part of our Easter week celebration I was able to take the kids and go to the Jordan River Temple open house!
I checked them all out of school just a little bit early and we all headed over there with a sweet spirit of anticipation. After all, I had been talking to Kesslyn all day about going to the temple and she could hardly wait! She kept on saying, "I go to Jesus' house!"
Sooo sweet!
I loved seeing the new beautiful entry way, the artwork, the bride's room, the new staircase, and stained glass windows... It was very beautiful, and yet still felt very familiar...like home.
As we came out of the temple and saw this statue of Christ, we were immediately drawn to it.
Kesslyn couldn't get enough of "Jesus". ;)
I love that our church really is centered on Christ. After all, it isn't OUR church, it is HIS church, and I LOVE being a member of it. It's where all of my blessings come from.
In fact, that's exactly what I tell my kids every time I go to the temple,
"I'm going to get our family some blessings at the temple!"
I love my eternal family and that through the blessings of the priesthood and temples, we can be together for eternity. After all, just like Elder Holland said in the introductory video before the open house tour,
"It really wouldn't be heaven if we were there without our families!"
I'm so thankful for this Easter and conference week and all of these special things that remind us and prepare us for greater things to come. What a gift it is to be a wife and mother, and to be sealed together forever to the most amazing people on the planet! :)
(And by the way...in case you couldn't tell, Kesslyn LOVED the bus ride! The bus ROCKS!!!)






No comments:
Post a Comment