Anziano Trickett has officially been in the mission field for 6 months today!!!
I am one who has a love for words and expressing my feelings through this journal of mine...but I find it very hard to communicate the emotions of a missionary mom's heart...I'm not sure if words exist that convey the realm of emotion that you feel!
This picture right here is so beautiful and speaks volumes to me about Carew, where he is, what he is doing, and where his priorities are...
It's hard to believe that it has been 6 months that he has been gone...I remember when we had this little picture on our computer screen counting down the days until he would be leaving...
...then after his 6 weeks in the MTC one of the very first pictures I received from him was this!!!
Him in front of the Rome Temple!!! I truly hope that the temple gets completed while he is there on his mission because it would be such an amazing experience for him to get to be a part of...
~And getting to see him in front of the Colosseum...I almost felt like it wasn't real! ;) Like he had been photo shopped into the picture!!! ;)
What a lucky boy...what an experience of a lifetime!!!
Then today...I was lucky enough to get to take Kate out to lunch and what a coincidence that it was the actual 6 month anniversary of Carew being gone! I can't think of a better way for us to celebrate than THIS...(But poor Carew will be so jealous! ;) ;)
Kesslyn continued on with the tradition of calling Kate "Kake." :)
I think it's so cute! (And I don't think Kate minds it either...;)
We ate pizza and Kesslyn had a giant sugar cookie...she of course was in heaven..;)
Dear Anziano Trickett,
Thank you for all that you are doing, for your faithful service and willingness to sacrifice some things now, for things that will matter even more in the future...
We love and miss you so much, but feel close to you as we are comforted by the spirit, and know that you are experiencing true joy in what you are doing.
Happy 6 months down, and 18 more to go! You got this Buddy! ;) ;) XOXOXOX




No comments:
Post a Comment