Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, March 5, 2018

On the Way Home

 On the last day of our vacation in Mexico, I woke up early, took my phone out to the beach, and read my scriptures while I watched the sun come up in the sky...it was a peaceful and pleasant way to savor the last few moments in the warmth. I loved every minute of our trip! 
I dug my toes into the sand intentionally one last time so that I could remember the feeling since later that day I would be back to walking in the snow! :)
We packed up our things, said our goodbyes, and headed to the airport where we caught our first plane back to Colorado where we had a 5 HOUR LAYOVER!!! I believe that this was no coincidence at all, but a tender mercy from a kind and loving Heavenly Father!
 We hugged for so long when we got there!!! It was so good to see, hear, and hold on to the people that we love and miss so much!!! Kierra and Riley are doing so well and are happy together just like I knew they would be!
 It was so fun to get to go and see where Riley spends all of his days preparing to become a dentist! I love being able to visualize where he is and what he is doing and not just guessing...he is so dedicated and hard working, and I KNOW that he is going to be the best at whatever he does...it made me feel so happy for them and proud of all he is doing. Way to go Riley!!! :)
 I told Kierra and Riley while we were there that their kids were going to have the prettiest smiles...with their dad in charge of their teeth. :) What a blessing and a gift to be able to spend a few hours with them and to end our vacation on such a high note! Usually you head home from a trip like this a little heavy hearted knowing that you have to go back to reality and being RESPONSIBLE again! ;) But this little visit with these two made it that much sweeter and easier to travel on...
Thank you Kierra and Riley for taking the time to come to the airport to see us, show us around, take us to dinner, and LOVE us!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
And now...I'm glad to be home! XOXOXOX :)

No comments: