Heartstrings By Susette

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Zip Lining, the Beach, and Cirque de Soleil

 Wednesday morning we woke early again and jumped on a bus with everyone and headed to Selvatica, which was a jungle zip line experience! Unfortunately we weren't allowed to bring our cameras so I don't have any pictures. But believe me, it was FUN!!! We rode a human roller coaster and about a dozen different zip lines...I am definitely overcoming my fear of heights! ;)
We also went to a cenote (a natural sink hole in the earth) and took a swim. We also rode a zip line and then let go right above the cenote and dropped in! Clint and I both did it at the same time too which was fun. :)
They also fed us lunch there before we headed back to our resort.
 Once we were back, Clint and I decided that we wanted to go and walk the beach again since we hadn't had much time on the beach...we collected more sand and seashells for souvenirs for the kids...
 There weren't that many seashells though, and the ones we did find were kind of small...but we didn't care! They were still so pretty and fun to hunt for. ;)
 We planted ourselves in a quiet little spot... 
 ...and tried to just "take in" the sights and sounds around us.
 We had been actively trying to relate the gospel to all of the things we were doing and to the people we were interacting with...and every chance we got, we read our scriptures out there in the peaceful calm of the beach...(That's what our shadows are doing...;)
The sound of the ocean immediately relaxes me, and brings the same feeling of peace to my mind as that of being in the temple...interesting...:)
 Before we knew it we were off in a hurry again to make it to dinner and then to the Cirque De Soleil show that evening! (We had dinner at a steak house, but it wasn't very good...;( But we didn't mind...we were still having fun being together. :)
 Then we were back on the bus to the Vidante resort where we were treated like royalty!
 There were beautiful lights in the trees and infinity pools and waterfalls everywhere...We were taken to the very top of the resort and given an endless amount of appetizers and drinks while we visited with everyone while we waited for the show to get ready to begin!
 The venue was amazing and I felt so SPOILED!!! 
 We sat at our very own little table to watch the performance...
 The pictures are blurry and don't do it justice, but the atmosphere was so beautiful and very romantic!
 The show consisted of singing, dancing, people coming out of the ceiling and out of the audience...
 There were jump ropers and trapeze artists, contortionists and so many amazing acts...
They quickly transformed the stage from a library to an underwater world, then to a pirate ship and back to a library...
 There were trampoline acrobats that were incredible!!! ~and so much more that I can't even begin to explain...But by the time the night was over, I had felt like I had the time of my life! I could hardly believe my time in Mexico was quickly coming to an end...
I'm so thankful for these little trips that we have been able to go on. Not only is the time away with my sweetheart so enjoyed, and so needed...but they are are all expenses paid which is FANTASTIC!!! I would probably never spend this kind of money on myself...so it is so nice to have an opportunity to be spoiled like this. But really...the BEST part is all of the TIME I get with Clint! He is my favorite and I already miss him while he is away at work.
I will have to work on escaping with him again soon...:)
Until next time...
:)

No comments: