Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, March 29, 2018

My Babies and Their "Lamps"

 I have been fighting an inner battle with myself about the reality of my babies growing up.
It's a hard thing.
I have lowered the side rail on Kesslyn's crib because she would try to climb out, and I didn't want her to fall. Now, she climbs in and out with ease and there is really no reason to keep her in there besides the fact that I love that she is my baby and I wish she could stay little forever...but I've wished that with all of my children, and what good did that do me?? ;)
So, yesterday I made up the 2 beds in Kambriella's room with a couple of new bedspreads and Kesslyn immediately came in and climbed up on the bed and said, "It's mine mama??" 
I kind of chuckled to myself as I thought...well...kind of! I just can't commit to it mentally!
 She climbed up on the bed and hugged and rocked her baby and then said, "Goodnight mama! I take a nap!" I smiled and left the room, and she would lay there for a few minutes and then coming running out saying, "I'm done!" :)
Then she would do it again and again...take a nap..then be done...take a nap...then be done...
And guess where she slept last night??
In her crib. :)
We'll get there...but for now...she's still my baby. :)
 Last night we also made a few of our oil lamps from the Parable of the 10 Virgins for our Jerusalem Dinner that we will be having. These kids are so creative and talented! They are artistic and love making things with their hands. :)It gets harder and harder to make time for all of these fun things we want to do...everyone is always so busy which makes us stay up late to accomplish the extra things.
 But that's OK! It's all worth it to me...and Clint pointed out something very important and TRUE. He said, it doesn't matter when we do it or how long it takes, what matters is that we DO it, and they will STILL REMEMBER.
 Carew didn't have much time to write to us this week but one thing that he did say was...
" I just want to leave you with my testimony that the work I am doing is the Lord's work. I love my Savior so much and I know that he died for me. And as we come upon this amazing time of year, remember the sacrifice that our Savior did for us. I have been thinking about all of our amazing Easter traditions and they are some of my greatest moments with you guys! I love you all and I know this church is true."

Even my sweet missionary in Italy has been REMEMBERING the Easter traditions we have done as a family, and that is sooo important to me!!!
I just really want to be sure that I am giving them everything in my power to build their own testimonies on the Rock solid foundation of our Savior Jesus Christ, and so we will continue to carry out these traditions even if it has to be done at 10:00 at night sometimes!
Beautiful lamps kids! Now let's keep "filling our lamps!"

No comments: