Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, March 9, 2018

Winter Super League Champions!

 On Wednesday while Kesslyn was at her little preschool class I was able to sneak away and visit my mom's sister, my sweet Aunt Norma! She is a hero to me because she has been through so much and has the most positive attitude and still always looks for simple ways to serve those around her...
"You have to be happy because it just doesn't do any good to be sad" she says. :)
 We had a great visit together and I felt the spirit so strong when I was there...we even did her exercise class together which was a lot of fun for me to see! And believe it or not, Aunt Norma is pretty strong! :)
(I never realized you could get your heart rate up so good just sitting in a chair! ;)
It was a great start to my day and I'm excited to go see her again.

Later that night Gavin and his team played in the championship game and WON!!!
They are the Winter Super-League Champions!!! Woot! Woot!
 They started off a little slow and were down 7-9 at the end of the first half...
 But then they found their energy and excitement and took over winning the game 34-25!
Their coach is a good man who knows the game, teaches them skills, but most importantly builds them up and gives them POSITIVE constructive criticism. 
He doesn't get mad and yell at them like a lot of coaches do...he encourages them to be their best and I'm glad that Gavin has a place on a team with such good people. :)
 Way to go Gavin!!! YOU ARE #1!!!
I also had a great talk with Gavin on the way home from the game. I told him how proud I was of him and all of his efforts, but also to remember that his worth is not solely based on his success in basketball. We tend to talk a lot about how good he is at it because he loves it and plays it a lot...but Gavin is so good at so much more and I wanted him to know that. He is smart, he's a leader, he says the sweetest prayers, he's a good brother and son, and a friend to everyone. He's always missionary minded and I told him all of those good things and he said, "I know Mom. " :)
Ok ...Good. :) Just making sure. :)
 I always want my kids to know how AWESOME I think they are...because they are.
MY kids ARE #1! :)

No comments: