This year is a very different year for school in our family, especially after experiencing a year of school during a pandemic! It feels so good to be getting back to some kind of normalcy.
Kambriella is now in 7th grade - MIDDLE SCHOOL!
Gavin is now in 10th grade - HIGH SCHOOL!
On the Friday before school started, we took these kids around to try out their lockers, and find their way around the school to their classes.
Then, on the first day of school, these good friends got spoiled with a ride to school in the Affleck's red bus!
Ashton, Alex, Gavin, Natalee, and Parker.
The Fabulous 5!
Gavin Ryker Trickett on his first day of 10th grade!
Also on the first day of school, these sweet girls also got to ride in the Affleck's red bus to school!
Kambriella, Mia, Annika, and Mya
And the AWESOME bus driver! Laura Affleck, and Lisa Burbidge present for back up duty!
(Literally! There to watch and help Laura back up the bus!!!)
Here are these cute friends on the first day at the bus stop, and their real 1st day of 7th grade!
Kambriella, Mia, and Mya
Kambriella Noel Trickett on her 1st day of 7th grade!
Then we have Kesslyn going to the elementary school to meet her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Kochevar!
We SCORED big time in the teacher department and Kesslyn couldn't have been more pleased. :)
She found her way around the classroom to her tote tray, her backpack hook, and her desk, where she also found this little note and gift from her teacher. :)
Then, here she is on her 1st day of 1st grade!
Kesslyn Natalia Trickett
6 years old and going to first grade!
I am so proud of my kids for being so brave and learning to conquer any fear, especially Kesslyn.
It has been a strange world that we live in, but it is still full of so much good, and I always want my children to realize and remember that.
This year I have had a hard time myself transitioning through life as I have had Carew get married and leave the nest, Dallin leave to go on his mission, and this little sweetie Kesslyn go to 1st grade where she is gone from me ALL DAY long! It's my first year with no kids here at home during the day!
It is so different.
Still good, but different.
And hey, if these kids can do these hard things, then so can I, right??
I miss them all so much every single day, but I also realize that this is life and it's all a part of the plan.
I am happy that they are doing well and thriving and becoming everything that they were sent here to become!
I LOVE my kids!!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment