This year's Grandma camp was so much fun with a Mexican theme!
These little cousins had a ball together and looked so cute with their Mexican flair. ;)
Grandma had a fun piƱata, lots of fun games, arts, and crafts, and of course plenty of tubing down the river! These grandkids all love it and Grandma Trickett is so good at spoiling these little humans!
We played so hard and I loved how the camp lit up at night with all of the crafts that grandma had helped the kids to make...She is so good at creating an atmosphere of fun and love.
I know all the kids felt it.
I also loved watching grandma read stories by the campfire to the little ones. They absolutely loved it, and she definitely had their full attention!
These little kids are so blessed to have such a fun grandma that loves them so much to go through all of the work of this JUST to see the smiles it would bring to their faces.
These fun traditions and memories will last forever.
I stayed the night up at the camp with the kids and we slept together in the tent, but before going to bed and after I had changed into my sweats for the night, I stepped out of my tent and was taken back by this view...
The night air was chill and the moment I looked up, I saw the crisp contrast of the darkness setting in, and what appeared to be a cross, on the hill.
My mind immediately took me to Calvary and thoughts of my Savior.
I instantly felt the Spirit whisper to me and testify of the love of God and His Son who has died for us.
It was such a complete immersion in the moment, that even though my mind quickly understood that I was really still at camp, and the "cross" that I was seeing was actually a power line, my Savior Jesus Christ really did suffer, bleed, and die for us, that we might overcome death's bitter sting, and overcome the grave.
As I think of the tender mercy of this experience that I had and felt at Grandma camp, I am forever grateful for this experience that I immediately went and shared with Gerry, and her sister Cherie.
Especially with circumstances the way they are today with Grandma Trickett, I am forever grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I am grateful for experiences like this that confirm my testimony of truths that I already know, and that I was able to feel this special feeling here with Gerry at Grandma Camp.






No comments:
Post a Comment