Since the pandemic, temple attendance has changed.
Before, we could attend the temple anytime it was open. But now, we need to schedule appointments to go, and because we live in Utah where the population of the church is large, it is extremely difficult to get appointments for the youth to do baptisms for the dead. They fill up SO fast.
One night, I woke up and had an immediate thought to get online to check the appointments to see if anything had come available. It was 2:00 am and I thought it was interesting that the thought came to me then, but it did, so I listened.
I was not surprised that the perfect day, September 2nd (Kambriella's day for a date) was available!
So, I booked the appointment.
It would be Kambriella's first time going inside the temple to perform baptisms for the dead!
We were so happy to have so much family with us in the temple that day!
Kambriella's smile was HUGE.
While we were in the dressing room she kept giggling and telling Kara and I how happy she felt and that she knew that the Spirit was with her and that THAT was how it was speaking to her.
She could feel the spirit and LOVED being in the temple.
As much as I would have loved having Kierra there as well, I was grateful for Kara because she too is a big sister to Kambriella, and someone who also loves the temple.
Inside the temple it was incredible watching my boys take turns baptizing each other.
Carew baptized Kara, Dallin baptized Carew, Dallin baptized Kambriella, Dallin baptized Gavin, Gavin baptized Dallin, and then Gavin got to baptize another young man that was in the baptistry by himself with his mom.
Kambriella and I were also witnesses to the baptisms, and Clint was able to also watch and then participate in the confirmations with all of the family.
This was one of the happiest days for me as a mom. My heart was so full, and the feelings that I had being inside the temple with so much of my family reconfirmed to me that we are on the right track and that we need to always stay close to the Savior and attend the temple.
It is His house here on earth, and the spirit dwells there in abundance.
There we remember who we are and why we are here, and I don't ever want my children to ever forget that. I love them so much, with all of my heart and am SO grateful for this plan of happiness and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I LOVE to see the temple, especially from the inside WITH MY FAMILY!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment