Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Mackinac Island -Day 2

Day 2 at Mackinac Island found us on a fishing charter boat!
Clint was one of the first people to catch a fish, AND we learned later that it was also the biggest catch of the morning!
Although MY catch was a little more chubby of a fish than his! ;)
(And only 1 inch shorter. ;)
Does that count for anything? :)
The lake was beautiful and it was the perfect weather.
When we arrived back on land, we walked around the town a little longer...
We ate lunch at the country club, where they branded our cheeseburger buns with a "GH" for the Grand Hotel.
Wow!
We sat outside under an umbrella because it was such a beautiful day.
I loved sitting and talking with Clint. These times together are so precious and I count myself VERY blessed to have these awesome kinds of opportunities.
After our lunch we played some yard games on the hotel lawn.
It was a mad game of bocce ball, and I got my butt beat AGAIN by Clint. He ALWAYS wins!
After our games were over we walked around the grounds and admired the views...
..and then cleaned ourselves up for our formal dinner with the President of Sound Off Signal.
The Grand Hotel has a dress code on the main deck that everyone needs to be dressed in formal attire after 6:00 pm. We were surrounded by so many lovely couples, but my date was the most handsome. :)
Mark and Janet Litke, Cody Bock, Susette and Clint Trickett
Honestly, the food wasn't really that great. It was so fancy that I was a little sqeamish as I swallowed the things that I wasn't sure of. But, the company was wonderful, and we had a great time talking and laughing.
Clint and I always have opportunities to be missionaries while we are on these trips because we are the only ones that don't drink alcohol, and everyone knows it!
I feel happy and proud to be by his side because he is so good, and such a great example.
I love this sweet man with all of my heart!

No comments: