Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, July 17, 2023

Special Things ~ Just For Us

On Friday night, DATE NIGHT,  ;) Clint and I went to the temple and then went to grab a bite to eat after. As we were sitting in the booth talking and finishing up our meal, we began hearing loud booming sounds coming from outside...
We had no idea that it was Draper town days and that we were going to be standing right underneath their fireworks show that night!
It was like they were doing the show JUST for us! ;)
I also gave a talk on Sunday about being converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a great opportunity to share my testimony with everyone, but I'm always glad when those things are over.

Then, this morning when I woke up to my alarm at 5:30 am, I was a little surprised to see that I already had a text message from someone. When I opened it up and saw that Gavin had sent me the sweetest message last night before he went to bed, my heart just melted.
Then, shortly after our morning got going, the phone rang as it does every Monday morning, and it was our favorite missionary, Elder Trickett in Brazil!
It is always so fun to see him and to hear how his week is going.
He shared this photo with me to show off his "guns" that he's been working on since they have a gym in the apartment of the AP's.
I told him I didn't know he was going to come home a spiritual AND a physical giant! ;)
I LOVE my family!!!

 

No comments: