Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Healthy Body



It's January, and also the time of year when resolutions are set.
Working out and exercising are a goal of mine that are never hard for me to keep because I love it and it makes me feel good and strong and healthy. 
Eating healthy on the other hand is a hard thing to do...(curse those darned chocolate Dunford doughnuts!! ;)
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, a bunch of girls in our stake meet over at the church and exercise together from 5:30 to 6:30 am and we ROCK the house!!! :)
We do step aerobics, weight training, interval workouts, and different variations of floor routines...sometimes we even play a mean game of dodge ball!!! No matter what we do, I always go home feeling happy and like I am beginning my day by doing my body a favor. I also love to go running on the days that we don't do aerobics, and that is a perfect time for my body and my spirit to feel fresh and rejuvenated...I just love it.

I want to stay physically strong and healthy for many reasons, but one reason that stands out to me the most is because when my body is strong, I feel like I can accomplish the work that Heavenly Father needs me to do. One time I was so sick that I was in bed for almost 2 weeks straight. I remember it well because it was when my parents were in town visiting and they were always checking in on me to see what they could do to help. I remember laying there and thinking how grateful I was for my healthy body because I literally could not do ANYTHING to take care of myself at that time, let alone my children and family. ..and as for people outside of my home that I may have needed to serve...I for sure couldn't even THINK about that because I was so very sick.
After that experience, I gained a new appreciation for this body of mine.
I want to always do my part to take care of my body since it's the only one I get!!! AND because when I can serve others, I feel like my life is in balance.

No comments: