I woke up this morning to go for a run and was pleased to see a winter wonderland with a few new inches of freshly fallen snow. I love how beautiful everything looks, and especially how peaceful the world seems...the snow acts like a buffer to the sounds of the world, and all I hear is peace and quiet...and the crunch of the snow under my feet...I LOVE it! :)
Kierra also had to leave us today to head back to Provo for school to start back up again soon...
She returned home from spending the week with Riley and his family in Colorado where she had a fabulous time...but just in time to be sick and in bed for a few days. I'm just glad that happened here and NOT in Colorado! She spent a few days resting and recuperating, and then got better in time for us to have a day together.
We went out to lunch and spent a lot of time talking. I love that Kierra loves me and values our relationship...she has grown into such a beautiful and sweet young woman, and loves to share the details of her life with me. We have a good time together and understand each other so well...
I also really enjoyed watching how much all of her siblings LOVED having her around...AND just laying on my bed and talking some more...it's what we girls do best! ;)
I am so happy for her and for the decisions that she has made so far in her life.
She loves the gospel and her Savior Jesus Christ...she loves her family, and knows that in keeping the commandments she will find true JOY., safety, and peace.
I'm so grateful for the gift and comfort of the Spirit in my life and in my home. I know that there within the walls of our home, my children can love, feel love, and THRIVE...
They can grow and become the very best that they can be, and ALWAYS know that they have a place where they will always be safe, be accepted, and be cheered on in everything that they do!
...And just like the snow is a buffer for the "sounds and distractions of the world,"
Our home is a "buffer" from the things of the world, and a safe place...a place of love and light.
I was so thankful to have ALL of my children tucked in their beds safely under my watch, even if it was just for a moment! Grateful for the treasures I have..Oh so grateful!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment