Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, January 27, 2017

Helping Amanda


 Last week Clint and I were at the JAZZ game when over the arena they began to announce the names of the little tiny contenders of the "Baby Races!"
When they said the name "Gemma" I thought to myself, "I know a Gemma!!!" :)
Sure enough! 
My friend in my ward Amanda Daley and her little baby Gemma popped up on the Jumbo Tron!
I quickly snapped these photos and sent them to her which she was VERY happy to have! Gemma crossed the finish line in 2nd place, but actually ended up taking home the 1st place prize because the winner was "in" with the JAZZ so it wouldn't have been fair...it was so fun to see them!
Then, just yesterday I learned that Amanda had taken a slip on the ice and broken her foot...
REALLY bad! :(
She went to the hospital and had surgery with plates and pins and all of that metal stuff.
I tried checking in on her last night but got no response.
Today my goal is to figure out what we can do to help. I'm sure she will need some help with her little baby and we will bring in meals for sure...I'm so thankful for the organization of the Lord's church here on the earth and for the Relief Society. What would us sisters do without each other???
I'm thankful to be in a calling where it is such a privilege to get to love and lift and serve my sisters that I love so much. Service is a blessing and I'm grateful to get to be a part of it. :)
Also, I was stopped at a red light the other day and saw this...
I might try to stop by this today just to get some ideas!!! :)
Happy Weekend! :)

No comments: