Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Move Mountains

This past weekend we were blessed to be able to have a visiting General Authority Elder Kim B.Clark visit our stake and teach us important gospel truths. 
This is some of my very favorite time spent learning and receiving inspiration from the Holy Ghost. 
It directs my thoughts and how I lead and raise my family and also how I serve in my calling.
Some days I feel like I am able to move mountains...
 ...and some days I just need to be STILL.
D&C 123:17 says
"...let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for His arm to be revealed.
 I felt the power of this scripture come to life for me so much over this past week as I listened to the counsel we received, and also as I have been searching for guidance and answers from Heavenly Father in what He would have me do...

1) I need to be grateful for the gospel everyday and NOT take it for granted.

2) I need to NOT contend with the Spirit, but just GO and DO.

3) I need to increase my personal commitments and testimony because what I have today will NOT be enough to sustain me for what lies ahead in the days to come.

4) I need to PRAY for  angels to come and be with my children.

5) I need to honor more fully the Sabbath Day and feel of it's importance in my life each day.

6) I need to read the Book of Mormon EVERYDAY.

7) I need to be IN the temple.

8) I need to be a missionary and share the gospel.

9) I need to not just MAINTAIN, but MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

These are all things that I already know, but have learned more through the Spirit of HOW I can be successful and go about doing the good that my Father needs me to do...the good that it may take some days to move those mountains.

No comments: