Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A Roller~Coaster Kind of Day

 Mission prep for this young man has been a life long journey, and as we have been working on filling out his mission papers, we finally reached the last item to check off the list before he can turn those papers in...
the physical!
 He is a strong and healthy young man that I know will do amazing wherever in the world the Lord needs him! Now he just has to return to the doctors office on Wednesday for them to read the results of his TB test and everything will be complete for him to submit his papers!!! Yay!!! :) I can hardly believe we are here...
Kesslyn is thinking she will have nothing to do with her brother Carew leaving her side...
She loves him soooo much and the feeling I know is mutual for Carew...I've told him many times that THAT might be the hardest thing about his mission is how much he will miss her!!!
 Then later today after everyone returned home from school, this cute little kitty cat prowled into the kitchen just BEAMING from ear to ear!!! She FINALLY lost her front wiggly tooth and now is missing her 
"2 front teeth!!!" Cute, cute, CUTE!!!
 Today was also a day of fasting and prayers  for our neighbor and friend Dave Penrose and his family. Two nights ago his heart stopped in the middle of the night. He had to be resuscitated and is fighting for his life in the hospital. Our ward family held a special fast for him and we have just been praying that he will be ok. We know that Heavenly Father has a plan and that things will work out. I will show forth all my faith in knowing that whatever is best is what Heavenly Father will allow...I am going to try and go up to the hospital today to see if I can visit with his sweet wife Sheri and offer her a hug and love with a shoulder to lean on...Sheri was one of my counselors when I was in the Primary and I feel like our hearts and spirits truly know and love each other. My heart has ached for her thinking of the fear and pain that she has had to experience over these past few days...But Heavenly Father knows our hearts, and I know he knows Sheri's and will provide what she needs both through angels we can and cannot see...we will see what news we receive today...


On a happy note, afetr all of the phone calls, texts, and arrangements made for the Penrose family, I was able to take a little break and join my sweet Kambriella for her "Take Your Mom to Dance Day!"
I had a BLAST watching this little living miracle work her magic!!! She was literally a little ball of positive energy shakin' it and movin' on the dance floor!!! :) 

 Not only was Kambriella right on beat and fully confident in herself, but she was having FUN!!! I could just FEEL her enthusiasm!!!
~And her FACIAL EXPRESSIONS WERE KILLING ME!!! Who' little girl IS this?!?! I didn't even capture the heart of what was on her face...but these pictures give you a good idea... :)
 HUGE smiles and sassiness and attitude EVERYWHERE!!!
 She even had kissy lips and winks thrown in there and I was DYING!!! :0  :)
 She was just soooooo happy to be doing her dance and having her mom there too! :)
We watched her do her routine and then did some warm~ups together and learned a little dance togethere and then performed them for the other girls and moms that were there. I have to admit that I had a BLAST and Kambriella and I ROCKED the dance floor! ;)  ;)
 I LOVE my cute, sweet, sassy little ball of fire!!!
 She makes EVERYTHING fun!!!
 After we finished up dance class. I was going to take Kambriella on a dinner date and end my fast, but instead I got a very alarming phone call from home saying that little Kesslyn had an accident. Carew had put her in her high chair that attaches to the kitchen counter, and somehow the whole thing came falling down with her buckled inside of it. :(  :( 
I tried to stay calm and said a prayer the whole way home and found her looking white as a ghost and completely shook up. Not knowing for sure the extent of her fall and where she might have hit as she landed, I immediately decided to take her to the emergency room. 
After having all of the experiences with Kambriella's fall when she was a baby I was NOT about to take any chances with wondering if she would be OK. I left the kids telling them to say a special prayer for their baby sister and then we were off. We arrived at the ER around 8 where I KNEW Kesslyn was going to be OK. She quickly began acting like herself and wanted to run around, explore, and play.
The doctors and nurses checked her out and thought she looked like she was doing great. They found no sign of injury anywhere so I'm just assuming that all of those angels that are in my home MUST have broken her fall. I pray DAILY for the company of those angels and I KNOW that they are there...
The doctor gave Kesslyn a slushy to drink because they wanted to get something in her stomach to see if she would throw up or not...(that is one of the biggest signs of a head injury)
I can tease now that I know she's OK and say that was a $250 slushy, the most expensive one I will EVER buy! (ER co~pay ;) After seeing that she was doing so well we were discharged and sent home around 11:00. Kesslyn was exhausted and so was I. I went through the Wendy's drive through and got myself a baked potato since I hadn't eaten all day, ended my fast and said a VERY long and heartfelt humble prayer...both for Dave and his family, and for mine. I am so grateful that Kesslyn is OK and that prayers are heard and answered.
Each day that comes will bring things that we cannot expect or imagine, but one thing is for sure...we can EXPECT and PLAN ON Heavenly Father and the Comforter to be there every step of the way, IF we simply ask in faith.

No comments: