Yesterday was a rainy spring day, reflecting the feeling of sadness that was felt all around our neighborhood...
Bishop Gabe and I were able to meet with Sheri and her family and help them get going on funeral plans and arrangements. It was just so hard to believe that we were there doing what we were doing...it didn't seem real. Sheri looked so exhausted and frail, and rightly so.
I hugged her in a tight embrace and held her as she cried and cried and my heart hurt so bad for her...her husband and best friend is gone and she is going to miss him so much.
But death is not the end...
Isaiah 25:8
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces...
I cannot wait for this great day when so many will be reunited with their loved ones, and the tears that are shed will be nothing but tears of pure joy. :)
Tomorrow is General Conference and I cannot wait for the spiritual direction, instruction, comfort, and nourishment to the soul!
Tomorrow is General Conference and I cannot wait for the spiritual direction, instruction, comfort, and nourishment to the soul!
No comments:
Post a Comment