Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Grandma, a Mission Recommendation, and the Atonement

 It brings me so much joy to see how much love and excitement exists between my mom and her grandkids...
Especially when they are babies! 
I know that they all love her at any stage of life, but there is something so fun about the innosence and the lack of holding back on any degree. when they are little..
They ALL have just genuinely loved Grandma, and I love it! :)
 As my mom came to visit me today I was tickled to see how much happiness it brought Kesslyn just to climb up on Grandma's lap! When she read her a book, her face just lit up!
 Simple. Innocent. Pure joy...child like love!
 At one point after grandma had finished reading her book to her they were just giggling and playing with each other and grandma was tickling Kesslyn and she laughed...and then started tickling herself!!! 
It was sooo cute!!!


 Then it was time for Kesslyn to have a little nap, so I layed her down and then gave my mom a haircut.
I thought she looked so beautiful! Then of course we had to stop at our favorite place for lunch...Zupas!
Nuts about Berries Salad, Wisconsin Cauliflower soup, an Ultimate Grilled Cheese sandwich, and even a piece of chocolate cheescake!!! We spoiled ourselves! ;)



 After our lunch, I had to get my mom on the road and then took Kesslyn to the high school to watch Carew run his 1 mile run for track. I'm always so proud of him for giving his whole heart and soul! In track you have no one but yourself to blame if you do well or not...and today, Carew got his personal record! a sub 5 minute mile! (I think it may have helped that cute Kate was watching and cheering him on! ;)
(Carew is the one in the hat...he said it would bring him good luck ;)
 If you think he looks sick...he does. He really pushed himself!!!
GREAT job Carew!!!
 Today was also the day when Carew finally finished EVERYTHING for his mission paperwork and then pushed the "SUBMIT" button!!!!! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!
Can I just say that I feel like I am riding the emotional roller coaster every single day of my life right now??? I am so completely overwhelmed with emotion that I often feel like pinching myself  to make sure that it is all real...I am FULL of gratitude and joy and don't know HOW Heavenly Father seems to always give us such good good gifts. I feel so much of His love that it is really indescribable...but I'm grateful to be recording it all because we are in the thick of it and I don''t ever want to forget it! :)
 AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :)  :)  :)


 Today was also a day of very high emotion as we awaited the news of test results on our dear neighbor and friend Dave Penrose...the outcome has not been good, and we are having to say goodbye...
 Clint and I walked around the neighborhood feeling somber, grateful, worried, and happy to have each other...When things like this happen, it reminds you of just how precious time really is. I'm so grateful for the many ways that Heavenly Father sends us His love even when trials arise and pain is evident.There is something healing in the beauty of His creations...it is a reminder of both His great majesty, and His kind and gentle hand...
This morning we did receive news that Dave passed away peacefully in the night. 
I know that it is time to put the atonement to work, to use my hands for service and good, and to surround my ward family with love.

No comments: