Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

This Slice of Paradise

One of the best parts of being on vacation is not setting my alarm.  
I love that I can sleep until I just wake up on my own because I don't have anywhere I need to be at any certain time... but waking up for breakfast and an appointment at the spa was so easy to do! We ate at the breakfast buffet and then walked to the Azule Spa where we had appointments for an aromatherapy massage. It was so relaxing and rejuvenating that I didn't want it to end!!! The hour massage was over in what felt like only 20 minutes! But,  after we were finished we went out and sat under a cabana that overlooked the ocean and just relaxed, talked, and drank our water. 
 We were so relaxed after the massage that I literally could have slept there sitting up!!!

Clint was a sweetie and continued my massage by using my left over oils and rubbing my feet. It was so nice and I felt so spoiled! After we were done with our massage, we went back to our room,  got cleaned up,  and caught the ferry to go shopping....Here's the little Red Ferry coming to pick us up!


 I always like to try and find something small to bring home to my family,  so that's what we decided to go do. We went with Cody and Meloney which is Clint's Sound off rep and his wife.  We enjoyed lunch together at a place called the Green House. Clint had king crab and I had a Jamaican jerk salad... It was delicious! After we were done shopping we headed back to the ferry and rode back to our hotel. 

We went to our room and changed again and got cleaned up for our fancy Sound Off dinner on the beach. What a beautiful evening in a beautiful setting... 
We ate so well and stayed and talked for hours. 
 We even had a guy playing the steel drum and singing to us!!!




There are some really neat people out there in the world and its so fun to get to talk with them and hear stories of their lives. You learn that really we are all the same just trying to raise our families,  do what's right, and help other people along the way. Tom Palumbo is the vice president of Sound Off and he and his wife Mary were so kind to us. She talked with me for a long time about wedding planning since her daughter was just married 2 months ago and Kierra will be getting married in just 3 short months!!! 

She asked me for my phone number so she could keep in touch with us which I thought was so sweet of her.  Finally,  as the clean up crew began turning off lights and stacking chairs around us we knew it was time to call it a night, so we did. We went back to our room, snuggled up and tried to watch a movie,  which we accidentally shut off and didn't want to pay for twice, so we didn't get to see it after all... but that's ok... snuggling up is the best part anyways.
Like I've said before, I feel so blessed to be able to be here on this trip with my sweetheart and I'm enjoying every single minute of it! I do NOT want it to end!!!

No comments: