Okay.
You know how I am always talking about angels that watch over and protect us??
Those that are both seen and unseen??
Well.... Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to meet 2 of them. :)
At first they were "unseen" to me because I had never met them, and THEN they served me in a spectacular way...and then I met them...and they became angels that I got to "see,"
and they were so sweet and beautiful to me!
Meet Jen and Alli Ovard.
A mother~daughter duo that I will never forget and feel that I have an instant bond and connection with...
It was a busy day as usual and I was busy driving around running errands with 5 of my 6 kiddos.
Carew was the only one not with us, and Kierra was even with us as we were trying to help her return wedding gifts that she had received multiples of.
We had been to about 4 other stores before we made it to Target.
We got there and made a couple of returns, looked at the shoes, and then decided to be on our way to the next store. After all, we had a lot of stops to make, and we were on a time schedule so we needed to hurry!
On our way out of the store I asked Kierra to go ahead and take the kids out to the car and I would be right there after I stopped in the restroom.
So, Kambriella and I both went and used the restroom, washed our hands, got a drink at the water fountain, and then we were on our way!
When we got out to the car everyone was buckled in, the radio was on along with the air conditioner, and all I had to do was hop in and we were on our way!
I decided that a stop at Scheels to look at their shoes for my boys upcoming scout trip to Yellowstone would break up the monotony of returning wedding gifts, so that's where we headed off to. We were talking, laughing, and singing to the music, when just as we pulled up to Scheels, Clint called Kierra's phone and asked to speak to me...THIS is how our conversation went...
Me: "Hello?"
Clint: "Hi sweetie! Did you guys go to Target today?"
Me: "Yes, we actually just got done there and now we are going to Scheels.:)"
Clint: "Oh good. Did you leave your phone and your wallet and Target???"
Me: "I don't know, did I????
Clint proceeded to tell me about a lady that had called him and said she had gone into the bathroom at Target and found my purse in there along with all of my other important things!!! She was going to take it to the front desk at Target where I could go and get it.
I was immediately sooooo grateful for this honest person that I had never met!!!
I decided that I would just let my kids go into Scheels with Kierra while I went back to Target, so I pulled up to the curb, let them out, and headed back to Target.
The whole way there my mind raced through all of the scenarios that COULD have happened if a DISHONEST person had been the one to find my wallet, phone, etc...
I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with love and gratitude to my Heavenly Father for sending angels to help watch over me. I said a silent prayer in my mind the rest of the way back to Target for the angel that WAS honest and was taking such good care of me! I remember saying, "Please bless the sweet angel that is watching out for me, please bless the sweet angel that is watching out for me..." I said it over and over and over all the way into the store.
As I entered the store I remember smiling at a sweet face that I saw standing right there in the front of the 1st isle...but I had no idea who had helped me, so I just went straight to the returns counter to ask if they had my purse/diaper bag/phone/wallet...
As I stood there waiting my turn I heard a voice say, "Are you Susette??"
I turned around, saw this angel of a face, and immediately knew who I was looking at...
I hugged her and thanked her for watching out for me!!!
Her and her daughter stood there with smiles beaming as they recited their experiences of finding my things, looking through them to find out whose they were, seeing all of my cash and cards and KNOWING that they had to hold on to this themselves! They didn't even want to take a chance of giving it to another person except for me!!! So, they decided to wait inside the store until they could meet me...
I had no idea they were going to do this because I didn't have my phone, but when I talked to my husband the next time, he told me how this lady was so so nice and said she wanted to meet me and that she would wait. She knew when she saw the diapers in there that I was a mom of little ones and understood completely how distracted we can get...:)
We stood there talking and I told her how I had been praying for Heavenly Father to "bless the angel that was watching out for me," and when I said that she smiled and said, "You were already praying for me??"
I giggled and said yes, and then she said,
"Well, you may think this sounds strange,
but I feel like Heavenly Father wanted ME to find this for you today..."
As soon as she said that I couldn't speak.
I got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, and I nodded as I agreed with her and then hugged her again.
I can't remember all of the things that we said back and forth to each other, but I do remember loving the conversation that we were having and feeling like I did not want to rush off to my next destination...
I don't know how many times I hugged her, or what all I said to her, or if I even made any sense in what I DID say...but I DO remember feeling gratitude, love, and sisterhood with these 2 angels.
What a wonderful mom, example, and friend to her daughter that she was with...and what a testimony to me that angels really do exist. As I hugged her I felt like I knew her, and maybe I did.
She was beautiful and kind and brave and obviously wasn't afraid to do the right thing...
I will never forget Jen and Alli!!!
In fact, I hope I run into them at Target again sometime...or even better, I hope I can find out where they live and give them a REAL thank you by being their friend.
Thank you Jen and Alli for watching over me yesterday, and for being my angels...and thank you Heavenly Father for sending my sisters to be those angels!!! I LOVE them!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment