Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Birthday America!

 Yesterday I had all the kids up and getting going for the day ready to be productive! We decided to go through everyone's closets and get rid of all the clothing and shoes that were too small for them.
I'm tellin' ya...these kids just grow like weeds!
As we were standing in the kitchen we received a knock at the door and it was Dallin's friend Anson.
He had rode his tandem bike over to our house to pick up Dallin! He of course had to wait for Dallin to finish his chores, but as soon as he was done, they were off!!! They had planned to go to the county pool with their friends for the afternoon, and so they were on their way! It was supposed to be 100 degrees today, so it seemed like that was the best idea they could have had... :)
 So, With Clint and Carew gone to work all day, and Dallin gone with Anson, I left Gavin in charge, put Kesslyn down for her nap, and then went to the hospital to visit our close friends Brad and Susan. Brad has MS and had a relapse that has put him in the hospital, and he will probably be there for a while...which means Susan will be there too. She is so loving and concerned and will sacrifice whatever she can to be there with him to help him recover and get through this. I went there and sat by her side while they did some sort of plasma transfusion type thing that they are doing daily to clean his blood. He needs to get his swallowing back so that he can eat and drink and get enough energy to be strong enough to fight his way back to health.
I love them both so much and am praying for them everyday.
After I left the hospital, I went home and got the kids, went to the bank, and went to Costco and bought some food for today. It's the 4th of July!!
Happy Independence Day!!!
 After we took our groceries home, we made our way over to the Riverton City park area to watch the Riverton City Parade! We happened to find our friends and neighbors the Gruber's and the kids were so happy to be with their friends while they watched the floats go by and picked up the candy that was tossed their way! ;) Kesslyn and Greta, and Kambriella and Mya were so cute...such sweet little friends!
 When I first dropped the kids off with Carew, I left them all there so they wouldn't have to walk so far, and I left to go park the car and then was going to walk back to find them...
Well, when I got to where they were, Carew only had the little girls, but no Dallin and Gavin!
They somehow got separated and couldn't find each other, so I set out to try and find them in a crowd of people...I felt like it was going to be impossible! I said a prayer the whole time I wandered around, and I knew they would be alright together, but I still wanted to be together as a family, so I really wanted to find them. After a little while Clint made it there to meet us too, and I still hadn't found them. 
I didn't know what else to do but to sit and wait for them to either try to call me or find me themselves, so I sat with everyone and watched the parade and waited.
As I was looking for them I noticed the Riverton High School marching band going by, and I KNEW that Brad and Susan were not going to be there, but that their daughter Autumn was in that band for the first time this year! Sooo, I hurried and snapped a picture so that I could send it to them at the hospital. I KNEW it wouldn't be the same as being there, but also knew that it would make them happy to get to see their daughter in action!
The funny thing is...towards the end of the parade Dallin and Gavin finally found us and we finally got to sit together, and after the parade we went out to dinner and were looking through the pictures I had taken  and realized that when I had snapped the picture of Autumn in the marching band, I had actually snapped a picture of Dallin too and had NO idea that I did!!!
So, if you look closely at this picture, you will see Autumn carrying her flute and taking a drink of her water bottle, and Dallin is barely in the picture sitting in his camp chair, using his hand to block the sun from his eyes and watching the parade go by...it's kind of like "Where's Waldo." ;)
Our stake also put together a float this year and here it is going by... 
 The Riverton Summerhill Satke!
 After the parade we ate dinner at Rumbi and then headed home for the night, but as we pulled up we realized we had our very own fireworks show going on all around us!!! All of the neighbors were setting off fireworks literally in every single direction surrounding our house!

                                    
    So, we climbed up in the back of Carew's truck and sat on the tool/storage box and watched our private show in the cool summer air. It felt amazing outside and it was so fun to just sit out there together. Clint and Gavin also shot some hoops, and the girls and I talked and snacked on our sweet potatoe fries that we brought home from Rumbi. It was a really fun ending to another great day.
 I love my family, my freedom, and my religion. Living in America affords me so many blessings that I know I couldn't enjoy otherwise if I lived in other parts of the world...It's a testimony builder to me of why God had the restoration of the gospel on this continent where He knew that we would have this freedom...
I'm grateful for my dad and Clint's dad and all of the people that have served and continue to serve our country to help us keep and enjoy these freedoms that we so dearly love.
Today we are going to put American flags all around the neighborhood, and go on a hike, and then come home to swim in our pool with my mom and Shane's kids and have a BBQ!
It should be another fun day...and I'm sure we'll end it with more fireworks!!!
Happy Birthday America!!!







No comments: