3 years ago today my sweet daddy passed away, and my mom lost her very best friend..
.but only for a time.
Because they are sealed together for eternity they will one day be reunited and get to be together eternally. I can't wait for that day! :)
Yesterday also marked 4 months since Sheri's husband passed away unexpectedly...
I have learned so much from her and my mom about "enduring well."
Yesterday as we all gathered at church I knew it would be particularly hard for Sheri.
Since it was the 5th Sunday we got to combine with everyone for the 3rd hour lesson and I invited Sheri to sit with me, although I knew that she would probably prefer to sit closer to the doors in case a quick exit was needed...
I watched her walk along the back of the chapel to find a seat, and then watched her exit as there were no empty seats right by the doors...
I knew that she was feeling lost and alone and that I couldn't just let her leave and be by herself.
I asked Clint for the car keys and went after her. As I was walking outside to my car my initial thought was to just go to her house and be with her...just sit and talk so that she wouldn't have to be alone...BUT as I headed towards the car the Holy Ghost whispered to me in an instant ever so softly, "Go to the cemetery."
So, I got in my car, turned right instead of left, and headed to the cemetery.
The entire cemetery was empty until I rounded the last corner towards where Dave is buried...and sure enough, there was Sheri.
I pulled up to her, got out of my car, and heard the words from her mouth,
"How did you know where to find me?"
I told her that God knew her and wanted me to come and be with her to love her and support her and that the Holy Ghost had told me to come there...
We cried and talked and cried some more and I told Sheri over and over again how I wished so badly that I could take her pain away, but that only the Savior could do that...and He already has.
Thank goodness for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, for eternal families, and for family and friends who are there to help us through the sometimes dark journey of mortality.
If we stay close to the Savior and each other, and let His light in, we will never never have to endure the hard times alone.
We can lift each other, and love each other, and "endure it well."


No comments:
Post a Comment