After being gone for 2 days while helping Kierra and Riley make their move to Colorado, I thought it was a good idea to take all the kids (plus my mom and three cousins Xaxton, Madyson, and Leighton) to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point!
I had never been there before, but with the annual pass that I bought I figured we better get to enjoying these places!
The kids LOVED it!!
All of the climbing, jumping, crawling, exploring, playing, creating, and imagining that you could ask for all in one place...and of course one of their favorites was being "the star of the show!" They LOVED acting on the stage and putting on puppet shows for my mom and I...and I LOVED watching them do so!
The rest of my day was cram packed with service. :)
I was able to help Carew in some mission prep, Kierra with some moving details like closing out her old bank account, took dinner to Brad and Susan since Brad finally got to come home from the hospital yesterday, and sat and visited with Sheri twice yesterday because she was having a particularly hard day...just like every other day she has missing her sweetheart.
On one visit I took Kesslyn with me, and even though Sheri was emotional and crying, Kesslyn decided to start a pillow fight with Sheri, which made Sheri smile and laugh. :)
Then, I went back again later with my sweet mom who is a widow herself and knows some of what Sheri is feeling...they really can be a support to each other and it was good to see them lifting each other in a way that I could not.
I'm grateful for my family, and grateful to be able to serve, because when you can forget about yourself and go out and do things for others, you really are HAPPY. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment