Heartstrings By Susette

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Tug, Tug, Tugging at My Heartstrings

 EVERY time Kierra comes home, this little sugar goes running to her and wants to love her!
 It is the sweetest thing and I know both Kierra and Kesslyn love it!
 I LOVE IT TOO!!!
 It is yet another one of those things that simply tugs at my heartstrings...
which I feel like I've had a lot of lately...
Kierra has been coming over during the day while Riley is at work since they will only be here for about another week and a half before they move to Colorado...Riley has been accepted to dental school there and so that is where they will be living and beginning their new life together! 
We are so happy for them but are going to miss them like crazy...
Kierra told me yesterday that when her and Riley were eating dinner she was telling him about her day. She told him how she got to rock and cuddle Kesslyn when it was time for her to go down for her  nap, and as she was telling him she started to cry...;(...she is going to miss that little sugar sooooo much...
Then yesterday when she was here THIS is what was going on...Snuggles, cuddles, kisses...I think we were all just "pushing pause" on the moment trying not to forget all of the good times and realizing just how much we are really, really, really going to miss having sweet Kierra around...I may have shed a few tears myself yesterday...again...BUT...We are HAPPY for Kierra because Riley and her are creating the life together that she has always dreamed of having, and it is so so good.
After we stood in the kitchen capturing this moment, we continued getting everyone ready and headed off to Cherry Hill! It is an outdoor camping water park area that I went to when I was little, and it's the same place that we go to every year for Drake and Desiree's birthday celebrations since their birthdays are on the same day. It is soooo much fun!!! 
I really enjoyed being there this year knowing that my children are all growing up and will be leaving soon, even Carew! Me, Kierra, Carew, and Kesslyn spent the most time together floating around the lazy river just talking, relaxing, and being together.It's another one of those moments where I just "pushed pause" so that I can remember that moment forever...I didn't get any pictures because I didn't have my phone out in the water...but I did get these beauties from Cherie that she took while we were over at our picnic area.
Just look at this little beauty! Sweet Kissy Kess... :)
 Cherie and I both realized that her daughter Eila and my Kesslyn have the exact same hair, just one brunette and one blonde...
 Little natural curls that frame their little necks... :)
These kinds of days are just the BEST!
I LOVE my family so so so much!!!
Happy weekend!

No comments: