Yesterday was another one of those days where I crammed as much into my day as I possibly could...visiting and taking care of Bernice, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, and of course taking care of my sweet kiddos...My mom came to visit and so did Kierra so I took them to Costco with me where we had a slice of pizza for lunch and got some grocery shopping done...then when we got back home I helped Kierra load all of her furniture that we refinished into the trailer in preparation for their move to Colorado...the neighbor kids joined the household fun and swam with the kids, and I finished cleaning up the house just in time for some men to come over and join Clint in our kitchen to make hundreds of crepes for their ward breakfast they are putting on this morning...
The day was full and I felt happy, and then I received THIS little gift...
As I was hurrying to finish the chores, I quickly dusted this shelf by my stairs,
and as I wiped the wood, the sunlight was shining perfectly through the window and reflecting on something that made my Christus statue illuminate with light.
Everything else in the room seemed a little darker like it does when the clouds cover the sun for a minute...
but my beautiful statue was full of light. My heart was instantly touched by the spirit and I felt like Heavenly Father was aware of me and just wanted to let me know that He is there and that He loves me.
It was only a second that this light was there before it moved and was gone, but in that few seconds I felt completely enveloped by the spirit of love.
It was a simple yet profound message that will stay with me always.
I'm so grateful for the many little ways that we can receive love and light into our lives,
and THIS to me this day was a gift.
As I went about the rest of my day, I was able to share that light in more ways than one...as I made dinner for my children I felt that love. As I watched my husband serve I felt that love. When I drove to the hospital to visit Brad and Susan I felt that same love...and when I came home, spent time with my husband, and had family scriptures and prayer I continued to feel of that very same love. It was a simple day full of busy moments but sprinkled with little tender moments full of love...I am so grateful I feel it, recognize it, know it, and can share it with everyone around me.
It's so good to be loved!!

No comments:
Post a Comment