After school yesterday I went and picked up Gavin and his friends and took them straight to Airborne! This was the place that Gavin chose to go for part of his birthday celebration! (And since the weekend is so full we decided to do it a few days early. :)
Left to right: Parker, Alex, Ashton, Gavin, Dallin, and Kesslyn. :)
I dropped the boys off and began heading home with a VERY sad little girl...
Kambriella really wanted to be a part of Gavin's party, but she had a dance class to go to, and I told her that this particular time was just for the boys and that she could do something later with Gavin.
The tears began rolling and I felt so sad for her because she just wanted to be with Gavin...Sooo...
I suggested a quick little stop for a treat at the Sweet Tooth Fairy before heading home to get ready for dance. :) (ya, I'm a sucker that way! ;)
Kesslyn chose a sucker, Kambriella chose cake bites, and I had a peanut butter cookie because it was national peanut day (who knew?? :) and we got it for free! But then of course when I saw that we were right next to the Quilted Bear I couldn't help myself and we decided to go in there too and I got each of the girls a Beanie Boo...Kambriella chose a rainbow poodle and Kesslyn chose a blue "shish."
Everyone was happy and we headed home, got Kambriella ready and off to dance, and then it was time to head back to Airborne to pick up the boys. When they came walking out they all looked a little exhausted (especially Gavin) and all needed some food! So, we went straight to Arctic Circle to get dinner for everyone. It's amazing what a little food and ice ~cream will do! ;)
After they were done it was time for me to drop the boys off at the church for scouts and young mens. As I was heading home I passed the other ward's youth group who was standing on the side of the road selling baked goods for hurricane relief. You know I HAD to stop and help, right??
So, Clint and Kambriella were the recipients of the yummy treats since they were the ones in the family that I saw next, lucky for them! ;)
Then, after getting homework done, jammies on, and kids in bed, Clint and I headed out for one of our famous late night dates. :)
I don't know anyone who eats dinner as late as we do sometimes...we stopped at Kneaders and picked up a turkey sandwich and a turkey cranberry sunflower salad and drove it to a little outdoor eating area in South Jordan where we sat outside in the cool air talking and catching up with each other and enjoying the time together (even though it was 10:30, we are always happy to take whatever we can get of our time with each other!)
Sometimes life can be so full, but we wouldn't have it any other way because we are constantly busy doing good things and I love it. Especially with lots of kids, running a business, and callings that require quite a bit of time...we do the best we can to fit in all of the good and count our blessings all along the way...just like it says in my patriarchal blessing...when we put each other first and always make time for each other we will find joy all along the way.
And that's what I do every single day.
I love this life, I love my sweetheart and my beautiful family, and I love love love my Savior Jesus Christ. After all, everything good in my life is all because of Him. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment