Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Personal Revelation Through a Talk...



When I was a newly wed and first thought about having children, I knew that I wanted to have 4 children each 2 years apart. 2 boys and 2 girls. 
Boy was I wrong!!! :)
I didn't know that what I really wanted was what I got. :)
3 girls and 3 boys  that I could have just as soon as Heavenly Father was ready for me to welcome them here from heaven.

Yesterday I listened to the conference talk  titled "My Peace I Leave With You" by President Henry B. Eyring from the last General Women's session of conference. Not only did I listen to it, but I listened to it 4 times in a row.
I don't know what it was other than Heavenly Father was really trying to teach me a thing or two because as I was listening my mind was literally flooded with thoughts, ideas, and impressions from the Holy Ghost. I couldn't take it all in fast enough so I would have to turn the talk back on and listen again and again trying desperately to retain all of the thoughts and feelings that were coming to my mind...
Finally on the 3rd and 4th time listening to it I sat with undivided attention taking notes of all of the impressions that I was having...

Believe me, it was pages of notes that I ended up with, but one thought that came to me very strongly was a personal revelation concerning my daughters...
 "You need to write Kambriella a personal invitation to go with you to
 women's conference on Saturday..."

I KNEW that this was an inspired thought from Heavenly Father delivered to me by the Holy Ghost. He knows me, my heart, and how best I can reach each of my children on an individual level. After all, they were His children before they were mine. :)
I had many thoughts concerning women's conference, the sisters I serve in our ward, and especially my own daughters...

"If you make Kambriella a personal invitation she will feel so special and so loved and you will have a beautiful beginning of a new tradition of going to women's conference together!"

"Now that all girls ages 8 and older are invited to attend the meeting, you will have opportunities for traditions that will strengthen your testimonies and love together."

"This is what you did for Kierra, and now it is time for you to do this for Kambriella!"

"I gave you your daughters in the time that I did because it was the best circumstances for THEM."

"The gap in years was My timing for a reason. You had so much individual time with Kierra to teach her and  now it is time to do that exact same thing with Kambriella, as it will be for Kesslyn."

I learned through that personal revelation that Heavenly Father's timing and His plan really are the ones that are right for me, and the ones that I really want in my life. I may have thought that having 4 children each 2 years apart would be the perfect family set up for me, but in reality, having 6 children in a 17 year span has provided  the perfect family set up for US.
My children are so sweet and sensitive to the Spirit and to the love we have for each other that they KNOW that they are loved, and important not only to Clint and I, but to each other as siblings...

I may have thought that having 3 sisters right in a row so that they could all be close in age sounded just right...but it wasn't just right for US. We needed to have Kierra first to be the example to everyone with her strong and righteous desires for obedience. We needed her to be here to help her siblings (and sisters especially) with her tender feelings and testimony to help strengthen them too...
We needed Kambriella  at the time that she came to solidify those feelings of family and togetherness and strength that we KNOW Heavenly Father gave to these special spirits that are coming down in these last days...and we needed Kesslyn to come when she did to soften the hearts of everyone in her family (especially a certain  teenage boy;) and to provide yet another shaping and molding factor of the PERFECT family circumstances for US.

I know that each of my children are busy learning and fulfilling the plan that Heavenly Father designed them for, and I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Heavenly Father gave them to ME because He felt that I could help them in the ways that only I could... and they could me.

I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost who really is one of my very best friends, and for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us so perfectly and just what to tell our hearts, no matter HOW many times He may have to tell us...
And I CAN"T WAIT!!! for the upcoming sessions of general conference where we will be told even more of the ways that Heavenly Father loves us and what He needs us to do, AND with so much love!!!


No comments: