Last Night was the Women's session of General Conference and my date was sooo much fun! :)
Kambriella had so much excitement and enthusiasm for this night she had been waiting for...
We walked into the chapel to find a seat and she had so many people waving to her and saying hello...even her school teacher Mrs. Stokes and little friends from school were there!
I think these simple little connections only added to the special night that we were having...
Kambriella whispered to me a couple of times in the beginning of the broadcast,
"Mom! Look at all the girls!!! I've never been to a meeting with so many girls AND with the lights off watching a movie!" ;) This gave me the perfect opportunity to bare my testimony of the Relief Society and of good women all around the world doing the exact same thing that we were doing just in different places, like Kierra in Colorado, Grandma Panter in Mesquite, Aunt Nicky in Arizona...and even women in Italy where Carew will be going soon... I think it opened her eyes to things she hadn't realized before...
She sat there close to me taking notes the whole time. That little angel took 3 PAGES of notes and was literally soaking it all in. The Spirit touched me and testified of sooo much good in so many ways all around me...and the talks!!! I can't wait to re-listen or read them today!
After the broadcast was over we gave hugs to some friends, took a donut for the road, and headed out to dinner. We drove to multiple places realizing that EVERYONE was doing the same thing that we were, and so many restaurants were sooo busy!
But Kambriella said to me, "Mom, how about Firehouse Subs?? That sounds really good and that place reminds me of Grandpa!"
Perfect! Firehouse Subs it is!!!
And guess what?? We had the whole place to ourselves!!! :)
This little girl was a crack up the WHOLE night!!! She kept on telling me jokes and quoting funny lines from Studio C like her brothers always do...
"Mom, why was the math book sooo sad??" ....Ummmm I don't know, why?
"Because it had lots of problems!!!"
She just didn't stop!!! And the faces she pulls when trying to take a picture!!! I was laughing the whole time!!!
And then I told her about Kierra and I having a date before where we laughed soooo hard about the dentist trying to talk to us with his hands in our mouths... Oh the memories that we have made! I just LOVE them! AND I LOVE my girls!!! Just like the 3 sisters in President Uchtdorf's message...WE have 3 sisters!!! But lucky for me, we have 3 GLAD sisters!!! (Except Kesslyn sometimes can be like the MAD sister when she doesn't get her way.;) But she's working on learning how to always be like her GLAD sisters. ;)
Kambriella and I did have a few serious moments of discussion though where we talked about how the Holy Ghost teaches us and can inspire us to think of "new and different" ideas to solutions to problems just like the girl that thought of a human chain to rescue people out of a rip tide in the ocean...it was inspiring and so is the gospel of Jesus Christ! I am so GLAD and grateful to be a part of something so wonderful and to KNOW WHO I AM.
Watch out world, we are here to do AMAZING things!!! :)
Seriously!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment