Saying goodbye can be hard to do...but just like Winnie the Pooh says...
"How Lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." :)
I love you Carew. I love you Kate.
You are both such good good people and I know that Heavenly Father has great blessings in store for you!
It was fun to spend some time together at the BEE'S game (although it would not have mattered where we were...we just needed an excuse to be together, have some fun, and be distracted enough to laugh instead of cry! ;) ;)
We all went to the BEE'S game with Tiffany and Colby and all of their family too...
We took our pictures with the sister missionaries who were so sweet and kind and so full of the spirit! They were there for a P. Day activity, but were still busy in the crowds with the Book of Mormon in hand! :)
The kids were all wowed by the Balloon Granny too that twisted and tied
little bunnies and Pikachu's for them :)
...and Kesslyn spotted Bumble and seemed pretty intrigued...but would NOT let me put her down so we went ahead and took a selfie with him! HA! :)
Everyone enjoyed slushies too since we sat in the 100 degree sun for part of the time...
It was a HOT one!
Later that night The Gill family came over to wish Carew good luck...
even Flat Lindsey came to say goodbye! ;)
...and with it being Monday night, I planned a "Last Supper" for Carew with the family! I used my gold edged china and antique chargers with hurricane vases and tall taper candles. :)
I made BBQ ribs, baked potatoes, Snickers apple salad, rolls, and green salad...I really wanted it to be a special night for Carew since we won't have him around for dinner for the next little while!
We shared our meal, lots of really good conversation, and lots of visits from people wanting to say goodbye...now it's off to more packing and preparing for the big big day...
My heart is so full of so many completely opposite ends of the spectrum emotions right now...
My friend Emily calls leaving for a mission being "emotionally bipolar" and that;s a pretty accurate description!!! I feel so happy for him and yet my heart already knows how much I am going to miss having him around...
But he'll be so good! So, so very good...
The people of Italy are going to be in for a treat...they just don't know it yet! ;)
I love you Carew!










No comments:
Post a Comment