This picture is worth a thousand words...and emotions!!!
We've been through a lot together in the last 23 years of marriage, and if this picture is any indication of what lies ahead, we know that challenges will continue to come, but through our love and commitment to each other and an eternal marriage in the Holy House of God, WE TOGETHER with the Lord can make it through!!! Although these rings look pretty beat up, I'm so grateful to say that our relationship thrives...I grow more deeply in love with that sweet man with every passing day...
My main diamond fell off along with the prongs that were holding it on about 12 years ago, and Clint's ring saved his fingers from what could have been a very serious accident. As he was installing an air conditioning unit into the window in his office at work, the window came crashing down, but the ring caught the impact of the fall. It bent his ring so badly that he couldn't get it off his finger and so with a tool he had to bend it enough to get it off...when he showed me his ring, I was immediately grateful for the protection the ring provided...AND it taught me a spiritual lesson about the strength of a marriage.
Because of our temple marriage and our ever growing and undying love for each other and Heavenly Father, we can weather the storms of life together as we remain ever constant, ever faithful, and ever true to the covenants we have made. They are such a protection and blessing from the force and impact from this crazy world we live in, and I'm just so very grateful that through it all we are eternally strong, eternally bound, and eternally committed.
Clint I love you so very much every single day...thank you for loving me with all that you have and all that you are, all of the time!!!
P.S. I may or may not be excited that these rings came up missing off of the dresser this morning. :)
I may or may not get my ring fixed sometime soon...and I may or may not be hoping for a special surprise someday soon either! ;) ;) Because I'm grateful for what I have...diamond or not, the real treasure holds my hand every single day! ;) ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment