Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Careful and Not Casual

 Last night for Family Home Evening we had dinner in the basement, watched Bible Videos that supplemented the Come Follow Me curriculum for the week, and shared individual thoughts about things we learned during general conference. The kids all took turns sharing their posters that they took notes on during conference, and each of them taught us something about their testimony of the Savior and how it is being strengthened and growing...
I had the distinct thought as I was putting things away from conference...
"Don't put this away! Make each day a celebration!" So, that's what we did and it was fun for everyone. Sometimes just doing something different than usual or even in a different place (and adding some candle light ;) can make something seem special...so that was what our night felt like...SPECIAL.
Sister Becky Craven spoke during the Saturday session of general conference, and I remember her saying something about celebrating the gospel in every family setting...and THAT'S what I always try to do! 
I want to be CAREFUL and not CASUAL when it comes to strengthening my family in the gospel.
That same thought was reaffirmed to me multiple times today as I was out running in the morning and listened to the talks again, and also as I went to the temple. I KNOW that careful and deliberate planning of special time together as a family will not only strengthen my family relationships, but will also strengthen testimonies too...and ultimately THAT is what I want, so that we can be together as a family...FOREVER!

No comments: