Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, April 15, 2019

Easter Week Begins!

 Over the weekend I took a few friends to the play "Steel Magnolias." 
I haven't had a girls date in a long time, and having tickets to this "chick flick" was the perfect opportunity to have one! I'm grateful for good friends. :)

We also went to Scott Butler's mission farewell.
The Butler's are such a good family and I love them so much. I love how all of the kids help each other to be the best they can be...after all, that is what friends are for! :)
 And...we started our week long Easter celebration!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sabbath day yesterday and every minute of being with my family. 
After going to church and the farewell, we had short naps, our ministering brothers came over for a visit, we ate a yummy dinner together, and then talked about Palm Sunday and the significance of the palm branches used to welcome the Savior in His triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
 We also went on our traditional Easter Walk to find all of the symbols of Easter.
This time we went to Daybreak Lake and enjoyed being together outdoors.
 When we first arrived there, another family had loaves of bread and were feeding the birds and ducks. The kids loved watching them and then one of the sweet girls came over and gave the rest of her bread to the kids so that they could feed them too. It was so sweet of her and the kids were really grateful. :)
 Honestly we could have just fed the ducks all day and not even gone on the walk, but finally we ran out of bread and so we walked. 
 We walked and walked, and talked and played, and laughed and read our story trying to find the symbols...but mostly we just had fun being together, which is a big part of the reason that we have these traditions anyways! To bring each other closer together, to make fun and lasting memories together, to strengthen our relationships, AND to strengthen our testimonies.
I love that my kids love being a part of this awesome family, and I LOVE that they think they are in the #1 best family to ever have graced the earth. Ever. :)
It's a good feeling to be a part of something so important. That's how I feel about this awesome family of mine too. I can't get enough of them, and I'm SO glad they have the entire week off of school to be home together, and to celebrate Easter together. Happy Spring Break! 

No comments: