Another one of our family's favorite Easter traditions is our "Love One Another" table.
All week long everyone takes time to write love notes to each other on our tablecloth and on Easter Sunday we read the entire thing after we are all done eating our Easter dinner. I still have taped to the inside of my journal one of the notes that Clint wrote to me years ago...these are some of the best memories to me...
Lately I have loved it too because every time Kesslyn is busy writing, she also sings at the top of her lungs how much she loves her "samily"...;)
Dallin was in charge of dying the Easter eggs yesterday and did a great job letting everyone help...Gavin was in charge of making the no-bake Easter nest cookies and also did a great job! Aren't they going to make wonderful husbands and fathers one day??? I think so...:)
The girls loved helping and looking at the beautiful colored eggs...
Kesslyn kept kissing each egg...;)
...but they also wondered why we use eggs at Easter and why we were dying them...but I KNEW that this would come up and I was prepared with this activity to teach my children the symbolism behind Easter eggs...
This beautiful book called the Legend of the Easter Egg was the perfect little story for explaining and teaching with a sweet story and pictures...
"But why do we have Easter eggs?" Thomas asked
Mary explained, "Just as a chick breaks out of an egg, so had Jesus broken free of the tomb of death. Easter eggs remind us that Jesus conquered death and gives us eternal life."
Dallin read the story to us all and it was a sweet moment together snuggled up on the couch with my kids.
I love them all so much.
After we were finished with the eggs we all headed out to go do a service project and helped clean up a friend's yard while she was out of town. I think the kids felt good out in the sun (finally after all of the rain!) serving and doing something for someone else. :)
But as soon as we were home again, Kesslyn was back to the "bootisul" eggs! :)
She just can't wait to hide them and find them! :)
I love celebrating Easter!









No comments:
Post a Comment