Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, April 8, 2019

The Most Awesome Weekend EVER

 What an amazing fun filled, spirit filled, family filled weekend we have had!!! 
This weekend had so much good  packed into it, that I feel so extremely thankful and blessed for ALL the goodness that Heavenly Father has given and CONTINUES to give to me and my family.
 We had such a blast taking pictures in our employee and friend Zach's car for Dallin's SBO pictures!
We knew we wanted a cool picture in a cool car, but Zach went above and beyond for his good buddy Dallin. Not only did he let us get a picture in his car, but he did a nice burn out to make some amazing effects for the picture too!!! We definitely did NOT expect this, but Dallin was overwhelmed with awe, excitement, and gratitude!!! He was in LOVE with how these pictures turned out...but wouldn't you be too, if you were a 16 year old boy in this sick car?? ;) ;)
 Clint and Kesslyn enjoyed a daddy daughter date to the Jazz game and Kesslyn was so excited!  She wore her pink Jazz jersey and kept talking about her date with daddy all day long...and it did not disappoint! She even brought home a Jazz drawstring back pack from the prizes given out filled with little Jazz packs of Skittles!!!
She was in heaven!!! :)
 Then....my most favorite part of the weekend was General Conference! 
We look forward to this conference every 6 months with great joy and anticipation. We love the feeling in our home and in our everyday life from embracing the words, testimonies and counsel from our living prophet and other leaders of the church. I LOVE the spirit that permeates within the walls of our home...and I LOVE that my children are gaining that same love for these sacred and special things. 
 We even got to have my nephew Xaxton with us for the entire weekend and he loved it too. You know you are building strong family relationships when you can both PLAY together and PRAY together, right? Building strength within our family relationships spiritually is also one of the greatest blessings of the gospel. It brings families together, reminding me that what is bound on earth, is also bound in heaven...
I LOVE general conference.

It is also a fun tradition that we have to open up the "Conference Store" where the kids can spend their "Conference Cash" that they are handed out all throughout the sessions when they are being active in listening and participating...it's a win-win for everyone!
 Kesslyn especially this year being a little older to understand really loved what we were doing as a family, and I loved watching everyone helping her to understand what we were doing...we really are growing together as a family in every single way...
 Kambriella is such a good big sister too helping Kesslyn to sing, and even lead the music as we had the opportunity to do so with the choirs on T.V. 
It really warms my heart to see such simple acts of service bring so much love into our home.
 It's a real gift for a mom to see...
 ...but what can make my heart burst even more is to see a righteous and loving father set such a good example for our boys (and Xaxton too) by taking the time to make time for the important things, like taking these boys to the priesthood session together! (And dinner afterwards too of course...;)
 And while the boys were at the priesthood session, I took the little girls and we went to see the new movie Dumbo. :) It was a fun time together, but like always, we really don't care WHAT it is we are doing, as long as we are together! :)
 Also, in between sessions of general conference, we worked on making the posters for Dallin's running for SBO...
 And yep! They pretty much turned out to be the most amazing thing Dallin has ever seen...;)
 He rocked these posters and was so happy with how they turned out!
In the words of all the teenage boys..."They are SICK!" ;)
 Then, after conference was over, these kiddos went outside for a bit of fresh air and climbed up on "the roof." 
  Not only did they climb up on the roof, but they had a picnic up on the roof too!!!
Pretty ingenious if you ask me...a table AND chairs with food on it too...and NO spilling or falling!!! A small miracle indeed!! ;)
 We also finished up making some T-shirts for the SBO campaign...
 Dallin had a great idea, and we brought it to life. I am so thankful for all of these tools we have that help make a mom's job possible!
 And not only did it make my job possible (helping my son) but it made him so very happy and grateful. :)
"Be a Pal..Vote For Dal" sounds like a winning phrase to me! ;)
 And that's what Dallin is to everyone. A real Pal. That's why everyone counts Dallin as their friend. He genuinely cares about others and wants to help others feel happy, good about themselves, and to feel Heavenly Father's love through him. He does a great job trying, and the little siblings all see the good example too...it's awesome. I LOVE this feeling of love and unity in our home.
 We are all on the same team too...The Trickett Team! And Clint and I are the head coaches, along with our Heavenly Father who is the greatest coach of all...and we are all in training together.
 I can't think of a better team to be on. The winning team!
It's been an awesome weekend, and when we line up all of the good, we are more grateful and blessed than ever. We feel surrounded by Heavenly Father's goodness and love in so many ways and I often wonder how I will ever be able to repay Him...but then I remember that it is a life long process and I just need to take it one day at a time, and do the very beat that I can...and that's what I am doing...me and this awesome team!

No comments: