Saturday was filled with the usual volleyball and basketball games, but we also got to enjoy a piano recital for Kambriella! I loved how her teacher took a few minutes before each student played their piece to brag about them and their accomplishments. :)
Miss Sarah talked about how Kambriella is such a good student and how she loves to compose her own music! It is true, Kambriella will always spend time at the piano creating something new to go with whatever holiday is approaching...my favorites have been her Halloween songs because they sound so spooky..;)
The recital was short and sweet and Kambriella did a great job on her song! It was a pretty and magical sounding song that took you to a fairy land or some other fun and imaginative place that a little girl would love to go...Kambriella loves playing the piano and she LOVES Miss Sarah! NOW she says she wants to learn how to play the violin too! This girl just seems to love it all!
Also, yesterday after church I made Clint go to the emergency room to get some tests done on his stomach and other vital organs. He hasn't been feeling well for 3 days now and when it comes to something inside your body that you can't see, I don't think you should mess around....especially when we are supposed to be leaving on our 11 day trip to Florida and the Bahamas!!! The last thing we would need is to have some major problem on a ship out in the middle of the ocean, so I just figured it was better to be safe than sorry.
They took his blood and urine samples and ran multiple tests and ultrasounds to rule out anything serious with his vital organs, and through the process of elimination, they concluded that it was most likely an ulcer, which didn't surprise me at all with everything work related that has been going on these past few months...or maybe I should say years...It's been such a blessing to see such growth, but at the same time it has been extremely stressful and a lot of weight for his "not so broad" shoulders to carry.
They prescribed him some medicine that will help with the healing process of his stomach but it will still probably be a few months before he feels all the way better since these things can take time to heal completely. As he was laying there sleeping I watched him and told Heavenly Father how grateful I was to have him. I see all that he does to sacrifice for our family and I know how much he loves us and it makes me grateful and want to help him the best that I can. We make a great team, and I'm so glad he's on my side. And I'm so glad that he is ok and that his pain will eventually go away.
We need this trip so bad and I'm praying that those who will be in charge at work while he is gone will be able to carry the load and that Clint will see that others are capable of pulling their weight so that he doesn't have to be responsible for it all...
I'm so thankful for this family that we belong to, and that we are eternal. As we ended the evening talking about eternal marriage in our Come Follow Me lesson, Clint and I both bore our testimonies to our children of the family being ordained of God and that it really is the ultimate treasure both on earth and in heaven. Our family is what brings us the most joy, and we really do want to be with them for all eternity, and I'm so grateful that we can through the blessings of the priesthood, holy temples, and Heavenly Father's great plan of Happiness for His children.






No comments:
Post a Comment