On Wednesday I went on a field trip with Kesslyn on the farm and we got to explore the market!!!
We learned where all the food comes from, what's grown inside a greenhouse, or comes from somewhere else...
...we felt how warm it was inside the greenhouse even though it was chilly outside...and Kesslyn even got to try a fresh baby carrot (which she did NOT like, but was THRILLED with my idea to keep it and use it for a nose when she builds a baby Olaf snowman with Kambriella!)
(Can't WAIT to see Frozen 2!!!)
We ate popcorn and looked around, and most definitely played with friends. :)
When we were all done we headed outside to go to the car, and decided to stop and take a look at the Emu's...and we are glad we did!!!
They were dancing around and acting VERY strange, when we noticed something green laying on the ground...it was an egg!!!
I had never seen an emu egg before, but apparently, neither had the workers there. They had NEVER seen emu eggs there, and so they assumed they had 2 female emu's.
But now they know that is NOT the case!
It's bright green color was so fun to see, and it will be fun to see if we end up getting a baby emu soon!
I really am so happy that Kesslyn is getting to have some of these amazing experiences here at the farm! I believe that a child can not only GROW, but THRIVE in experiencing the beauty and wonder of nature, and will develop an early love and appreciation for the things that God has made and given to us to enjoy here on earth. I LOVE these opportunities and I was so grateful to share this fun day with Kesslyn!!! :)








No comments:
Post a Comment