Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, November 11, 2019

It Feels Like Home

 Moving is a big job, and I feel exhausted most days from working morning till night, but finally after waiting for a month and a half, our new bed was delivered! As soon as the delivery boys left, I flopped myself onto the bed and felt like I had perched myself on a cloud. It felt like heaven. :)
In fact, I slept flat on my back last night and didn't have an ounce of pain and I didn't get stuck!!!
If you know me and my back then you know that THAT is a small miracle! This bed already seems to be worth every penny!!!
 I bought new bedding to match my lamps that I love so much, and this new king bed is now my favorite bed. EVER.
Moving to this new home required a little change in some of our furniture because this home is a little more updated than our last one. I am still going to try and decorate with a country farmhouse style...just a little different than before.
With the beautiful dark wood floors in this home, I knew that I needed to do something with my dining table that was black and brown. I didn't want everything to feel dark, so I paid my talented little sister Tiffany to work her magic on some pieces for me. Look at what a beautiful job she did! :)
 The table looks perfect in the new space and I love how light it makes the room feel...
It was a HUGE job that she tackled and I was soooo appreciative!
 She worked and worked and worked and worked...
 ...sanding and sanding, taping and painting...she even redid the table and chairs twice because she wasn't happy with the first time...she is a perfectionist like me...I think it runs in the family...;)
She made my red sofa table a beautiful antiqued duck egg blue...
 ...and also took my benches that were green and black and made them a set! Beautiful and white for the family room. It will take a while to get things just the way I want them, but with Tiffany's help, it is going to be beautiful! (I just think I might have to wait until after Christmas before the real decorating gets done...;)
Even without the decorating done, and with boxes and tools and piles everywhere, this place already feels like home.
And I'm so glad.
It just feels right, and I'm so glad Heavenly Father led us to where we are.
Home. :)

No comments: