Michelle and Kambriella...BFF's :) :)
43 years apart in age, but kindred spirits and friends from the heart.
From the time Kambriella was old enough to write, one of her favorite things to do has been to write Michelle notes and draw her pictures in church and then pass them to her. :)
Michelle's beautiful daughters have all been friends, examples, and babysitters for Kambriella...
I have worked with Michelle and her girls in young women's, Kierra and her daughter Lindsey were Miss Riverton royalty together, and I even got to teach a one~on~one Temple prep class to her oldest daughter McCall who will be getting married in the temple just next week.
Needless to say, we LOVE this family!!!
Michelle has been struggling with some physical challenges lately...for almost a full year now.
It's something that has the doctors stumped, and leaves Michelle in constant pain.
This has hurt my heart to see my beautiful friend suffer...and it has brought many discussions to our family about faith, love, service, trials, and PRAYER.
Kambriella is constantly praying for Michelle to "get better and not be in so much pain."
In fact, at the ward Trunk or Treat party, Kambriella ran up to Michelle and asked her how she was feeling?...This touched Michelle so much that Kambriella would forget about herself and the candy and all of the fun of the party just to see how her friend was doing...
she shared that with me and it touched my heart as well.
Shortly after that, we somehow discovered that Michelle LOVES Sixlets. :) You know, the candy...
Kambriella then gathered up ALL of her Sixlets so that she could give them to Michelle. One day we were in the store and saw a big container of "FROZEN" (like the movie Frozen) Sixlets. We HAD to get them for Michelle. I can't remember where we were headed off to that night, but before we could leave Kambriella said, "Mom, I HAVE to go take Michelle her Sixlets!"
So she did.
She ran as fast as she could to deliver a little bit of love and a hug to Michelle, and returned back to the house panting from running so hard but with the BIGGEST smile on her face. :)
Then, just the other day Michelle asked me what Kambriella's favorite treat was...I told her Kambriella loves EVERYTHING sugar...:) but that one of her favorites is TWIX.
Michelle came over and asked to see Kambriella and so I went to the basement and got her...
then I tried to leave them alone for a moment...but couldn't resist what I saw and had to capture the moment for good. They whispered to each other and gave each other hugs and my heart just wanted to burst!
I.LOVE. THESE GIRLS!!!
Michelle explained to Kambriella that her friendship and love always made her "hurt" feel better.
I could see from the look on Kambriella's face that the Spirit was touching her and she was feeling the love and effects of all of her efforts...love, PRAYER, and service.
They laughed and giggled and Michelle was on her way, but Kambriella still days later is talking about Michelle.
"How did she know that I LOVE TWIX??"
"Mom, Michelle even wrote my note on PINK paper!!! How does she know everything? How did she know that PINK was my favorite color?? She MUST be magic!!"
In so many ways, these girls are special to me, teach me lessons through their example, and help me feel the Spirit and touch my heart...so grateful to have them in my life!




No comments:
Post a Comment