Saturday, February 11th was not only Kierra's 19th birthday,
it was also Xaxton Jace Stuart's baptism!
My sister Tiffany's little boy was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was so stoked...his little body was almost bursting with excitement and his enthusiasm was contagious! I LOVE that little boy! Tiffany gave the talk on baptism, and Dallin gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and all of the primary children that were there sang Xaxton's favorite song "Gethsemane."
They all brought the Spirit in so strong and it was such a beautiful baptism!
I was so happy to be there to witness it. :)
After the baptism was over, Clint took Kierra, Riley, and Dallin to a Monster Truck show at the Maverick Center where they got to sit in a box suite and be entertained, while the rest of us went out to lunch at Chuck~A~Rama. We ate and visited and then I had to leave to help with a funeral in my ward.
It was also the Sweethearts Dance that Carew was going to and so I picked up his corsage for his date and went back and forth from the house to the church in order to spend time with everyone, AND help with the funeral dinner that we were putting on.
When I arrived home I found some mad Wii competitions going on!!!
Let me tell you, it was quite entertaining to watch these cute boys shakin' their booty's and flailing their arms all over the place! You can never have a game go on in the Trickett household that doesn't have that edge of competitiveness!!! Clint actually won once which made him SOOO happy!!!

We sang our family's favorite birthday song and blew out the candles...
and then I tried to assist Kierra in getting her "birthday wish" by having Riley give her a kiss on the cheek...
I knew what she was wishing for, but knew that only Riley could deliver that gift!!! ;)
Birthday hugs and kisses were handed out right and left, she opened her presents, and Kambriella enjoyed decorating Riley's face with stickers all over the place!
What a good sport he was! :)
After a little while it was time to go back to the church to help clean up and distribute left over funeral food to some families that needed some help in our ward..
Clint came to be my helper while the kids stayed home and watched Kesslyn for me.
Kierra and Riley left and went on a "surprise date" which ended up being looking at rings in the jewelry store, and Clint and I took dinner to 4 families, stopped at home to take care of the kiddos and got Kesslyn to bed, and then headed out to go to the late JAZZ game. We had dinner there and then stopped for a massage in the massage chair before heading home.
It was such a FULL day, but such a GOOD day too...
Each day that comes sends me to my knees in so much gratitude. I feel so blessed to have the sweet family that I do and to experiencing so much joy and happiness while traveling here on this mortal journey.
I love my life, my family, and my blessings...they are all around me in everything that I see and I am so grateful for them! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment