Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Tutored By the Savior

I have been in my calling as Relief Society president now for 4 months and am already learning so much...
I feel like I am being tutored by the Savior himself...
like He is holding my hand and walking by my side every single day.
I feel so much of His love in my life which in return helps me to be able to feel the love that He has for my sisters in this ward. He cares so much about the details of our lives and knows EXACTLY how we feel throughout our experiences...both the good and the bad.
I love this learning opportunity. I am growing and stretching so much...

I am also learning the power of service more than I ever have before...and delegation, and faith, and personal revelation, and listening to the promptings of the spirit...the details are very clear IF we listen...
Like when your compassionate service leader is out of the country on a humanitarian trip and you have so much need ...you reach out for help and the sisters provide.

After only about 4 hours had passed after I sent out a group text to 3 other ladies, I ended up with 6 single serving freezer meals for an individual in our ward whose husband was in the hospital and just needed something quick to fix herself when she got home each night.

BUT not only did I receive the meals we needed for her, my angel friend also delivered up dinner for MY family complete with fresh homemade rolls and chocolate dipped strawberries!!!
I literally stand all AMAZED when I see the goodness and willingness in peoples hearts to love and to serve one another...
It truly is being the Lord's hands here on earth and it is awesome to see.
Although this calling may just be the hardest one I have had so far, it may also be the one that I learn and grow the most and I'm truly grateful for the opportunity!!! :)

No comments: