Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, February 16, 2017

The 15th of Every Month

 The 15th day of every month is Gavin's day for a date (since his birthday is on the 15th of September) and he couldn't wait for it to come!
It always reminds me just how special each one of my children are when we carry on this tradition with each of them because we get that one on one time together, we get to talk about things just the 2 of us, and it's always the simple things in life that seem to bring the most joy.
All Gavin wanted to do for his date was to go to the store and buy a treat, and some deodorant. :)
Yep!
That's it!
So, he ended up choosing a chocolate milk, some things for school lunches, and a Dragon fruit and a Star fruit (which we need to ask google how to eat since we have never before eaten a Dragon fruit!!! :)
I'm tellin' ya that these kids are easy to please! You give them just a moment of your time and it's amazing what they will give in return...love, conversation, and real communication about what's in their heart and what's going on their life...not to mention the number of genuine smiles and laughs!
I love each of them so much and truly enjoy these one on one dates with each of them on "their" day.
 After the usual business of the rest of the evening with weekly activities such as dance, SBO duties, a trip to the orthodontist, going to the bank, young men activities, and scouts...I headed out to my Relief Society presibency meeting where I was pleasantly surprised by one of my friends/counselors with a 
PUMPKIN SPICE GHIRARDELLI  CHOCOLATE!!! :)
I told you!!! EVERY time one of my friends finds ANYTHING pumpkin spice they think of me..and I feel so loved!!! ~And so do my taste buds! ;)
At my meeting we visited about details, individuals, and needs like normal, and then the 4 of us headed out into the night like secret bandits and "Heart ~attacked" 9 families in our ward.
This was so simple yet so fun to do...
A "We Love You" heart along with a few other little hearts and a bag of cookies just to let someone know that they are thought about and loved.
This may seem like a very small thing...but I personally know the effects of this gesture and how it feels just to know that someone is thinking of you, that you are loved, and that your actions do not go unnoticed.
We are going to try and do this for a year long service on the 15th of every month. Hopefully, if we can do 8 to 10 families every month, we might be able to hit every home in our ward by the end of the year...spreading the love and hopefully making EVERYONE feel loved...because they are!
That's how the Savior ministered...One by One.
So, my service to "the one" weather it may be to my ward family, or my own family...just like it was Gavin today...is a Christ like service that I KNOW can make a difference in the lives of others.
Plus, I feel extra happy when I make this time for others because I know that I am being an extension of the Savior's hands and THAT"S what I am meant to do.
I'm trying to be like Jesus. It's going to take an eternity to do, but I'm working at it one day at a time and I love it. :)

No comments: