All of my children have LOVED playing with the little nativity sets every year at Christmas time...
I love watching their tiny, chubby hands carefully maneuver the delicate pieces as they bring them to life.
This will forever be one of my very favorite memories of Christmas AND childhood...
I love watching their tiny, chubby hands carefully maneuver the delicate pieces as they bring them to life.
This will forever be one of my very favorite memories of Christmas AND childhood...
Today however, as I sat at the kitchen table working on my calling, Kesslyn walked in circles around the kitchen talking in her baby talk, and gripping tightly a small picture in her tiny, chubby hands once again...
I stopped and looked at what she was carrying around and found that it was a picture of Jesus. :)
I recognized the teaching opportunity and said, "It's your Brother Jesus!!! He loves you so much Kesslyn!"
She smiled and gave her best attempt at saying "Jesus" and then held the picture up against her face as if to hug the picture...I just looked on lovingly and tried to capture the feeling and imagery of the moment in my mind. It was a peaceful and happy sight indeed, and I KNOW that Kesslyn felt the Spirit.
These children may be small, but their spirits are so BIG!
I'm grateful for simple moments like these that help bring heaven into my heart and home, and testify to me of the love of our Savior Jesus Christ and how familiar He really is.

No comments:
Post a Comment