Heartstrings By Susette

Saturday, April 15, 2017

It Was a "Good Friday"

"Good Friday"...for our Easter celebration and for the weekend. :) 
We began our day bright and early by helping Kierra to take care of some early wedding planning priorities, like visiting the OB doctor and finalizing a loan and credit card that she had wanted to get to start working on establishing her credit...CRAZY that we are doing these kinds of things!!!
Clint snuck away from work for a quick lunch date with me and Kissy Kessy after his chiropractic appointment. It made for 2 HAPPY girls! 
 After Clint had to leave us and head back to work, I went with my sweet friend Sheri to the Riverton cemetery where she asked if I could go with her to look at headstones for Dave. 
We actually spent more time sitting and just talking...well..actually I tried to just listen while Sheri did the talking which was oh so good for her to do. She sobbed and shed tears and got mad and did all of the things that I would do if I were in her shoes...;(
 I love her so much and my heart breaks for her each time I think about her hurt and pain...
but then that pain and hurt will get swallowed up in our Savior Jesus Christ and His infinite atonement...
and then there is healing... peace will come...
The day before Dave had his problem, he went out and bought some of Sheri's favorite bulbs to plant for spring... "bleeding hearts."
After Dave passed away, Sheri's parents planted the bulbs in her yard...I believe there will always be a bleeding heart found in Sheri's garden...
 As we talked about what she should put on the headstone, she said that she really wanted the bleeding heart flower on there because it just means so much to her. Mountains, the temple, and her children's names on the back were other things that she really wants to include...all by July 10th. Dave's birthday. :)
It will be beautiful I'm sure.

After my time with Sheri I headed over to the church where I met Carew for the Red Cross blood drive. 
We ate peanuts and cashews and nutter butter cookies.
Thank goodness for the distraction of the food because I was NOT looking forward to the needles!
Really though, it was pretty quick and painless 
and I know how much of a need there is for blood...it saves lives everyday.
 After we were done at the blood drive we went and took the kids and Shane's kids (who my boys were helping to watch all day) and took them to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. That is always such a fun thing for little kids and it brings me so much joy and satisfaction just to see how simple little things can make a child's eyes light up! These kids are so sweet and special and I love them so.
Madyson, Kambriella, and Leighton
 ...and cute little Kesslyn with her sack of eggs. :)
Each busy day that comes and goes makes me think more and more that I'm so grateful for the little things...I know I need to try and enjoy them, because one day I WILL look back and realize that all of these little things really were the BIG things!!!
Happy Good Friday!

No comments: