Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, April 10, 2017

Palm Sunday


 Palm Sunday...the Sunday before Easter and the 1st day of our week long Easter celebration. :)
We woke up to SNOW!!!
I woke early and set the traditional "Love One Another" table...a table set in white, with the Christus statue front and center, a white table cloth to write our "love notes" on, and colorful pens to write with, and of course candy dish so everyone can take a treat when they write a "love note."  :)
 I LOVE how excited everyone gets for our Easter celebration! It's such a fun tradition and it really helps the spirit in our home during such a sacred and special celebration...
I LOVE that Kesslyn is getting big enough to join in some of the traditions! I love watching all the other kids embrace her, help her, and teach her that THIS is what we do!  :)
 Carew also had his interview with the stake president, which he said went great! President Davis "officially" pressed the SUBMIT button on the mission recommendation forms and the papers are off to the prophet!!!
We should be receiving a mission call packet in the mail in the next few weeks!!!
My heart starts beating quickly even when I just THINK about it!!!
These are seriously such exciting times for our sweet family right now! The excitement and spirit in the air is THICK and EVERYONE can feel it...and I LOVE it!!!
 We also had a tiny little streaker this morning!!! ;)
Kesslyn LOVES the freedom of NO DIAPER and RAN full speed for my jewelry armoir as quick as she could! She may not feel like a diaper at the moment, but she ALWAYS feels like wearing jewelry!!!
Her face says it all!!!


 We had a very special sacrament and fast and testimony meeting at church where the spirit was VERY strong.Sheri bore her testimony which put everyone into tears...I bore mine, and Clint got to bare his in the ward he was visiting. I love going to church each week and filling my cup...

Also our friends the Astle's invited our family over for their "Passover Dinner" which was a neat treat! They do a week long Easter celebration as well, and I really appreciated learning more about the original customs and traditions that the Savior would have participated in when He was on the earth.
We ate all kinds of different foods, said LOTS of prayers over each food we ate, tried new things, did "cheers" with our grape juice, played games, and watched a short video that helped pull it all together.
 Gavin got to try on the traditional clothing since he was the perfect size for it!
 The hat is called a "kippot" or a "kippah" and the scarf is called a "prayer shawl."


 The kids also really enjoyed seeing the Astle's chickens and bunnies! 
They were so soft, cute, and cuddly!!!
 I don't know how many times I heard them say..."Can we get a bunny??"
 "Mom, can I pleeeeaaase take one home??" :)
What a wonderful Sabbath day it was, and what a wonderful week it is going to be!!!
SPRING BREAK!!! BRING IT ON!!! :)

No comments: