Yesterday I was in one of MY very favorite places with my very favorite person...Clint and I were able to attend the Oquirrh Mountain temple early in the morning. When we came out the sky was clear and beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, and soooo blue!!!
What an absolutely gorgeous spring day!
The trees were blossoming...
...the flowers were blooming, and the air smelled WONDERFUL!
For breakfast, we stopped at Kneaders for an omelet and french toast, but mostly I didn't care what I was eating because I got to be with my sweetheart and stare into my favorite color..."Daddy's blue eyes." :)
Then, later on I drove Dallin to Provo for a day at the theater for an acting fundraiser with his friend Anson. While I was down there I did a little Easter shopping and took some lunch to Kierra and Riley over on the BYU campus. It was so good to see them for a minute and talk in the warm sunshine. :)
Kierra really is such a sweetheart and so beautiful...inside and out! She always makes me feel like I'm one of the most important people in her life, and although I know she doesn't "need" me necessarily, it makes me feel good to still be "needed." :)
After I left Kierra I drove through the Krispy Kreme Doughnut drive through (it's a tradition!).
I bought Carew his very own box of maple doughnuts for babysitting for me! I think he was in hog heaven because he couldn't stop eating them!!!
(Even after he told me he felt sick from eating so many...they were too yummy and he just couldn't stop!!! ;)
Carew was able to take the kids to the park and out to lunch, and spend some time with friends...
For our Easter celebration today we had learned about Judas' betrayal of the Savior.
We decided that we would NEVER be a friend like that. So as the kids went about the day, I challenged them to be true disciples, and a good friend to others. It was fun for me to hear the kids tell me stories and things that happened to them on the playground with the people that they met.They were trying to be "like Jesus" and it makes me so happy. They really are good kids, and our Easter celebration has helped everyone to focus more on thinking about Jesus Christ. The Spirit has definitely been in our hearts and home.
Can't wait for today!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment