Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Become As a Little Child

I have recently noticed little Kesslyn finding the same little corner to go and sit in multiple times everyday...
It seems that every time I am working in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, 
or whatever it may be, that she instinctively gets to work herself.
She walks over to our scripture baskets,
 reaches in to find the smallest Book of Mormon we have,
 walks over to the fireplace, and plops her little self down on the
 "one-brick high" seat that is just her perfect height.  :)


She thumbs through the pages like she has been doing this for ages...


She stops periodically and jabbers on like she is reading all of us a story...


...and reminds us that God has a sense of humor too,
 because there is always something in it that she reads us that makes her laugh out loud! 
(Or maybe it's just that she already recognizes the feeling of JOY that comes from reading the scriptures. :)


Children's hearts are so innocent, tender, and pure...
and when I stood back and watched what she was doing, I could hardly contain my emotion!


I thought at first that it was just her exploring her surroundings, but soon found out that it was more than that...because she does it everyday...multiple times a day...


Her sweet little spirit and her exemplary actions remind me of the scripture found in 3 Nephi 11:38...
"...become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God."


I'm grateful for the little angels in my home.
:)
 Both those that are visible to the eye, and near to the heart...


No comments: